JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mental Health (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f69-mental-health/)
-   -   For the bipolar moms (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f69-mental-health/2674343-for-bipolar-moms.html)

pattyandthemoos August 23rd, 2013 07:16 AM

For the bipolar moms

which do you have more problems with mania/hypomania or depression? And do you have bipolar 1 or 2.

I have bipolar 1 and usually I have way more issues with mania than I do depression. I get wired when I'm like this, can't sleep, can't eat, can't sit still, get big ideas, spend money I don't have, etc. The depression I normally have less frequently but it can come out of nowhere and be very intense.

The last month or so I've been depressed but I normally don't stay depressed that long. My moods are usually very rapid cycling.

ZaydensMomma August 23rd, 2013 10:37 AM

Re: For the bipolar moms

I haven't been properly diagnosed as Bipolar but has been diagnosed with episodes of bipolar under circumstances.

I do find myself always constantly thinking of things, toss and turn in bed, have bad dreams, afraid I would hurt someone in my sleep.. stuff like that. I hate it.

..Michelle.. August 23rd, 2013 09:19 PM

Bipolar 1. Same sort of symptoms as you...anxious, spending money, getting drunk, I cheated on my (now ex) husband a LOT when manic. I also feel like I could hurt others when manic. Not like murder but if someone (like a doctor or another authority figure) is telling me I can't leave a room or won't get out of my way; I'm afraid I would hurt them to get away or be by myself. I've never been depressed to the point of hurting myself. I'm afraid to die. I'm sure there is a phobia of dying and I'm sure I have it.

pattyandthemoos August 26th, 2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ..Michelle.. (Post 27609158)
Bipolar 1. Same sort of symptoms as you...anxious, spending money, getting drunk, I cheated on my (now ex) husband a LOT when manic. I also feel like I could hurt others when manic. Not like murder but if someone (like a doctor or another authority figure) is telling me I can't leave a room or won't get out of my way; I'm afraid I would hurt them to get away or be by myself. I've never been depressed to the point of hurting myself. I'm afraid to die. I'm sure there is a phobia of dying and I'm sure I have it.

I don't really have thoughts of hurting other people. I did when I was younger. But I have had suicidal thoughts before, just not when I'm manic. When I get depressed I have to remind myself that it will pass.

..Michelle.. September 1st, 2013 01:55 AM

Patty, I'm sorry. Just in general. My brother had depression and died by suicide in 2006. I'd hate to feel so down that ending my life sounded like the best thing to do. My brother didn't seek professional help but he called me about an hour before he did it. I was working and couldn't take his call (I had NO idea). When I got out of work I called him back and, of course, got his voice mail. About 20 minutes later the sheriff's officer was at my parents house telling them what happened.
Depression sucks. I wish he realized that his feelings were temporary and hadn't chosen something so final to over come it :cry:

lapoema December 12th, 2013 06:10 AM

My psychiatrist thinks I have bipolar 2. I have depression really bad. The hypomania I'm not sure about-- there are times when I think I could be hypomanic but it's hard to tell with me. Mainly I have really rapid mood swings and crazy depressive episodes.