JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mental Health (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f69-mental-health/)
-   -   When you post here... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f69-mental-health/2685932-when-you-post-here.html)

pattyandthemoos October 15th, 2013 08:55 AM

When you post here...

Does it make you feel anxious?

I hesitated on hosting this board because my anxiety is so bad. I don't feel really comfortable talking about my bipolar disorder even now, especially on the internet. But I really want the support and to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with this. Plus, I know that even though I have pretty extreme mood swings, I am stable, have a good home life and I'm not ashamed of my bipolar. I just have issues with anxiety in general and talking about my bipolar/anxiety makes me feel anxious.

MommytoZoeAlyssa October 17th, 2013 10:23 AM

Re: When you post here...

First just wanted to say I love your siggy with the pictures of you! Your looking great :)

The first time I posted on here I was nervous/anxious. I guess just thinking people were going to judge me or something. I have found sometimes it helps to just come on here and post because everyone on here has been nice and positive and that makes a huge difference. I joke a lot with people in person about being on medication. I guess in my mind joking around about it makes it less serious and people wont be thinking im crazy or something if that makes sense..

..Michelle.. November 27th, 2013 03:01 AM

I actually find it easier to post on boards or whatever vs. talking about it in person. I can be who ever I want on the internet (the "real" me!) and not have to worry about judgement. I can speak my mind without fear of getting yelled at, berated or made to feel stupid. All they can do is write bad/mean things and those can be deleted, words - true spoken words- can not be taken back. :)

lainey0115 November 27th, 2013 09:18 AM

The internet is really the only place I feel comfortable talking about my problems and opening up. I feel like the people who are on this board aren't judgmental because they understand what it's like to have problems of their own. I was so so glad when I found this board.. it makes me almost feel normal again knowing that you girls are a lot like me and I'm not the only one.

Ppcpd December 3rd, 2013 01:22 AM

It's my first time to post in the mental health boards.
Like Michelle I'm more comfortable actually writing here than talking in person, my partner gets quite frustrated at times because I bottle everything up but I just can't quite get the words out to say how I feel, I wrote a blog yesterday and I really find it helped me, and I feel in a way I had a breakthrough for my myself by writing it.
I'm looking forward to chatting with you all and finding out how you all cope when things get too much, and hopefully we can all help each other somehow :):)