JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Military Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f51-military-mommies/)
-   -   *~*~*~* july chat chit *~*~*~* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f51-military-mommies/2662704-july-chat-chit.html)

Dakotas_mom July 1st, 2013 09:14 AM

*~*~*~* july chat chit *~*~*~*

Let's Chat!! :)

What does everyone have planned for July?!

My family is enjoying our last month in Louisiana before the hectic travel and moving start. TMO comes next month and we'll probably be living with a friend or in the lodging on base. We just want to relax before the big move. :)

katylady July 1st, 2013 09:31 AM

Re: *~*~*~* july chat chit *~*~*~*

It's my month off of work!

I have Ellie still attending daycare tues and wed on the hopes of "spring cleaning" the house without a little one around. Hopefully some camping on the weekends are in our future too.

First its about fixing my car now that DH is home from AT. :D

Dakotas_mom July 1st, 2013 10:28 AM

I wanna go camping!! I haven't been in about 10+ years!! I miss it!!

BriarRose July 1st, 2013 11:31 AM

I am hopefully getting laser eye surgery! I have had to wear glasses since I was nine and I am 30 now :(

mom2K&G July 1st, 2013 01:51 PM

Baby boy will be born next month so we are just getting more prepared, setting up stuff and getting the last odds and ends.

Also our DS will be turning 3 on the 26th!

katylady July 2nd, 2013 07:20 AM

Seateal- I'm so jealous about you getting eye surgery. I've worn glasses forever as well. My eyes are finally stabilizing but I'm not even a candidate b/c the layer of eye they work on isn't thick enough. The doctor was like, "Well you wear contacts anyways." I swear it's not the same!

Mom2Gabe- Yay for baby boy #2 arriving and Gabe's Bday!! You for sure will have a busy month :)

BriarRose July 2nd, 2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katylady (Post 27491761)
Seateal- I'm so jealous about you getting eye surgery. I've worn glasses forever as well. My eyes are finally stabilizing but I'm not even a candidate b/c the layer of eye they work on isn't thick enough. The doctor was like, "Well you wear contacts anyways."

Find another doctor. The one I am going to has written the book on the newest laser eye surgery techniques and there is almost always an option. SBK and PRK can work on people with thinner corneas.

Dakotas_mom July 2nd, 2013 02:17 PM

I wear contact and I hate them. I started wearing them in 7th grade and they can get so annoying. My husband thinks i should get the surgery, but I'm a scared baby. lol

Dakotas_mom July 3rd, 2013 12:29 PM

What is everyone doing for July 4 ?!

katylady July 4th, 2013 07:01 AM

DH has to work
Ellie and I might go down to the Farmers Market this afternoon and get some ice cream.
No fireworks plans. I prefer to be home with the dogs honestly. Maybe when Ellie is older that will change.

BriarRose July 4th, 2013 08:36 AM

We are leaving in a few to see Despicable Me 2, then tonight fireworks :)

mom2K&G July 4th, 2013 02:45 PM

Nothing to special here. They cancelled fireworks at Fort Bragg due to budget cuts. So I think we are just hanging out at home. Being 8 months pregnant I don't want to go downtown and fight for a parking spot and walk a lot. So a nice evening at home. :)

katylady July 6th, 2013 07:06 AM

I've made it to the stage in life where sleeping in is a thing of the past.

DH and baby are still sleeping. I'm on summer break and its the weekend. And here I am awake at 6:30am.

Guess I'll enjoy the peacefulness of my house :D

Dakotas_mom July 6th, 2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seateal (Post 27497186)
We are leaving in a few to see Despicable Me 2, then tonight fireworks :)

We went to see Despicable Me 2 also... It was our sons first movie in the theater :)

Dakotas_mom July 8th, 2013 07:45 AM

Welcome to Monday!!!

Who's ready to climb back in bed?! :needcoffee:

mom2K&G July 8th, 2013 07:46 AM

ME!!! I wasn't ready for DH to go back to work after the 4 day!! haha

Dakotas_mom July 8th, 2013 07:53 AM

I wasn't ready to go bed to work after the 4 days off. But here I am.. sitting at my desk :(

AND the boss is doing a Continuing Education Class this week. So my days are going to go by slower!

The Kimber July 8th, 2013 11:35 AM

We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for the 4th.We watched the fireworks here in town on the 2nd and watched them on tv on the 4th.
Yesterday we went to see Despicable Me 2.
Today it's back to work..........ugh

Not sure what's in store for the rest of this month....