JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f373-miscarriage-pregnancy-loss-experiences/)
-   -   Miscarriage @ 8 weeks induced by Misoprostol (TMI) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f373-miscarriage-pregnancy-loss-experiences/2431039-miscarriage-8-weeks-induced-misoprostol-tmi.html)

nina9809 October 13th, 2011 08:35 AM

Miscarriage @ 8 weeks induced by Misoprostol (TMI)

I went in at 8w1d for my intake exam and ultrasound and they could not find a heart beat. :cry: I had last had an ultrasound at 7w1d and all was looking good and the baby had a heartbeat then. They say it measured at about 7w2d so either it stopped growing then, or it grew a bit more and was now shrinking.

Since I am leaving on vacation today they scared me into taking Misoprostol to induce the miscarriage - aiming to expel the baby quickly so that I could go on my long plane trip without worrying about hemmoraging. They kept telling me it was common to hemmorage if I miscarried on my own (which is what I wanted to do) and I am pretty upset that they were so pushy with me to take the pills.

I took the pills... and hour later I was cramping (think very very bad cramps), and hour after than I was bleeding and a few hours after that I expelled the baby. Crazy drug for sure.

My underwear (and giant pad) absolultely flooded - it was unlike anything I have ever experienced and was horrible. I could barely contain the mess (but I did manage to not ruin the carpet etc....). The sac was there on my pad so I took a good look at it. I could see the baby inside, it was very distressing. I decided to open the sac, which was suprisingly difficult to open.... but when it did tear everything that came out of it fell apart and it no longer looked like a baby. What a horrible experience.

I called the doctor and they agreed that I didn't have to take the second set of pills at midnight (thank goodness) since I had expelled it.

I go in for an appointment tomorrow to check that it is all out otherwise I have to have a d&c. I pray that the sac and baby was all that needed to come out.... I don't want to have a d&c at all.

The bleeding appears to have stopped or at least slowed right down. I am not sure my body knows that I have lost the baby yet. I imagine I will have a very heavy period when it does.

This is my third loss, but by far my worst.

dri2011 October 13th, 2011 08:44 AM

Re: Miscarriage @ 8 weeks induced by Misoprostol (TMI)

I'm so sorry Nina....:dothug: That made me want to cry...I couldn't ever imagine going through something like that. I will def keep you in my prayers. Hoping for a sticky bean for you soon.:heart:

mommyTTC3 October 13th, 2011 09:48 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine going through that :( I will keep you in my T's and P's :) HUGS

Amazona October 13th, 2011 11:16 AM

Oh God I am SO sorry Nina.
For what it´s worth, I think I would´ve done the same you did.
I hope you heal soon (physically and emotionally) and you get your sticky bean.
In the meantime, we´re here for you :hug:

momto3brazils October 13th, 2011 12:32 PM

sorry.. :(

JessP October 13th, 2011 02:19 PM

I am so sorry you had to go through that. I know plenty of ladies who m/c naturally without hemorrhaging. Darn dr. I hope you don't have to have a D&C. You are welcome to post on the main board if you need.

BBKT October 14th, 2011 12:45 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. This was heartbreaking to read- I can't even imagine how you felt going through it. We are here for you! (((HUGS)))

islandbella October 15th, 2011 02:35 PM

So sorry for your loss ((((((HUGS)))))))

~Tanya~ October 17th, 2011 05:43 AM

I am so sorry for your loss(es) and I am so sorry you had to experience that :(

I can't believe a dr would push you into making that decision like that :cry:

:dothug:

cdukes2010 October 19th, 2011 05:03 PM

What a terrible experience for you! I can't imagine! I can't believe they pressed you into taking the pills.