JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommies With an Eating Disorder (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f201-mommies-eating-disorder/)
-   -   Intro (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f201-mommies-eating-disorder/2454350-intro.html)

Irish_Wristwatch November 27th, 2011 01:07 PM

Intro

Hi, i just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself, ive been lurking for a while. My name is Bree, and im 24, I have 2 little boys, Ross who is 16 months and Will who is 5 weeks old. I suffered with bulimia, mostly laxative abuse and some periods of anorexia.

Since having my second son i have been having some unhealthy thoughts, i am at my lowest weight since highschool and I am happy with my weight and my body but i find myself obsessing with staying at that specific weight and obsessing over foods, I could really use some support because i know these thoughts are not healthy or normal

anyways i look forward to getting to know you all and being an active member

Miguels mommy November 28th, 2011 05:00 PM

Re: Intro

:hug: I'm sorry things are getting rough for you but welcome. This board is slow at times. I'm Lisa, I have anorexia and bulimia. A beautiful "little" boy who's 9, named Miguel. Even tough we're slow vent away and tell us how we can help.

Irish_Wristwatch November 28th, 2011 06:51 PM

Thanks for the welcome Lisa, its just so nice to have a place full of people who actually understand, I dont have anyone to talk with IRL about my ED it really helps me to get it out

alethia November 29th, 2011 09:31 AM

welcome! :hug: I'm sorry for the rough time you're going through - i'm right there with you right now as well.

my name is alethia, 28, DS is 4 and DD is almost 16 months. I have suffered with anorexia, bulimia and ednos for since i was 11 ... i had 13 years that were really hard ups and downs and then 4 years of recovery with some slips right now i wouldn't say that i'm in recovery. It's been a 17 year journey and like you i feel really alone in it at the moment. no one IRL i can speak with about it - like i have been able to in the past.

the board is slow, mostly lurkers - which i understand. i hope that you feel free to post here as much as you want - vents, concerns, questions - anything.... i'll try to do better too.

Again, welcome - and i'm so glad you finally gave your intro!

Irish_Wristwatch November 29th, 2011 09:49 AM

Thanks for the welcome Alethia, im sorry that you are going through i rough time as well

your children are so cute, I love the pic in your siggy of your son trying to pick up that huge pumpkin, it looks like it might weigh more than he does!! too cute

alethia November 29th, 2011 04:17 PM

Up's and downs ... i think it's like that for everyone going through a battle and recovery.

thanks :D it did .. i couldn't even pick it up :lol: he gave it a great shot though!

ashj_1218 December 7th, 2011 01:09 PM

Hi there...I am Ashlee...I am 26 and have two boys....WAIT A MINUTE! I know you :)

Bree, feel free to PM me or message me on Facebook any old time. I 'was' anorexic for 6 years of my life and in treatment pretty much those whole 6 years (15-21). I continue to see my counselor and struggle with weight/eating/dieting thoughts on a regular basis. I am at a higher weight and am constantly at odds with myself, knowing I am healthier here than I was before, but still wanting to be small like I once was. Sometimes the eating disorder and thoughts feels like a bad dream...and sometimes it is still very real. I find I struggle more after a life stress (um, adding a new baby anyone??) and get a little more obsessive about it.

But seriously, I know what it feels like and how many folks don't understand what it is like. I am here to support you!

alethia December 7th, 2011 01:36 PM

Hello! :waves: And CONGRATS on Baby!! -- I know what you mean about the added stress with a new LO. on top of everything else.

ashj_1218 December 7th, 2011 01:40 PM

Hi there again mama! Sorry I am always popping on and off in here. I forget about it and things have been a little crazy since beanie deux arrived :) But I will try to come down here more often!!

Irish_Wristwatch December 7th, 2011 02:24 PM

thanks Ashlee, I really appreciate your offer :) I will take you up on that for sure

alethia December 7th, 2011 04:37 PM

no worries - i know how it goes ... i think we're all there. Glad you're back ... well ... you know what i mean