JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommies With an Eating Disorder (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f201-mommies-eating-disorder/)
-   -   Friday Friends (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f201-mommies-eating-disorder/2459964-friday-friends.html)

alethia December 9th, 2011 06:41 AM

Friday Friends

Do your friends know about your past/or current struggle?
Are they supportive if they do?
Are there some friends you talk to about it (know) and others that don't?
Do more online friends-acquaintanceships know / vs. IRL?

Irish_Wristwatch December 9th, 2011 07:11 AM

Re: Friday Friends

none of my IRL friends know (apart from my DH - does he count as my friend LOL) so definitely more online friends know

Miguels mommy December 10th, 2011 10:06 PM

Do your friends know about your past/or current struggle? they know it's a past struggle but not a current one.
Are they supportive if they do?There's nothing to soupport
Are there some friends you talk to about it (know) and others that don't? No, I don't talk about it. Some people ignore or feel dieting is an eating disorder.
Do more online friends-acquaintanceships know / vs. IRL? on-line is the only place that I talk about it.

ashj_1218 December 13th, 2011 11:40 AM

Most of my friends past and current know I have struggled with it. Although current ones have no clue to the severity, past ones were there.

All of the people in my life are either supportive or apathetic (in a good way). Thankfully I don't have anyone who doesn't understand or says stupid things.

I don't much talk about it anymore, although here and there it will come up. More with older friends, since they remember and will sometimes mention how things were back then. But I don't bring it up too often with newer friends. My mom and I sometimes talk about it, since it seems like a different life. But it is always in a positive way.

I don't hide it from anyone, so I guess it is even. I mean, I don't tell the grocery store checker...but my friends and relatives all know about it.

tennessee January 2nd, 2012 05:33 AM

I kept it a "secret" for a while. It is the worst thing I could have done. Although, everyone knew. I thought they did not know, I thought that I did not look sick, my habits were a secret, etc. But, they all knew. Some of my closest friends were instrumental in my going IP last summer, helping with my daughter, and checking in on me now. I do not share with those I am not closest with. But I have found that it is nice to have some friends know now. They do not always understand. But I need accountability.

ichfreu September 27th, 2012 04:25 AM

I do not have many friends but the friends i have are very reliable so i always share everything related to my past with them.I feel comfortable with them while talking on any aspect of my life.