JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Mommy Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/)
-   -   Hate when I do this (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/12317-hate-when-i-do.html)

pinkpercolator January 24th, 2005 03:22 PM

I thought I wrote the checks for all the bills. Just have not balanced the check book for the month till today. I got our cable/internet bill. It shows double amount I owe. So I thought geez I paid them. So I look through the check book. See no check for Time Warner written in January at all. I thought wth. I remember telling dh that bill went up 2$. So now I write out a check for double amount. I am walking down to the mail box this evening and making sure it gets mailed asap. I hate when that happens. Actually a couple times checks got lost. One time I sent one for a loan payment on some loan we had. Never thought twice. They call saying where is my payment. I said in the mail on -- date. Haven't you gotten it yet. I cancel the check and send a new one. Same thing happened to a house payment once. Cancelled that check also. Neither check was found or come back in the mail to me. I kept wondering if the mail carrier lost it after they empty the public mail boxes each day. So I hope they don't shut off our cable/internet. It was an honest mistake. And a new check will be out now.

TylerJ1029 January 24th, 2005 03:29 PM

I've done that before. I'll keep checking the account to make sure it has cleared and lo and behold I forgot to send it. :blush:

Cindermella January 24th, 2005 03:56 PM

every once in a while that happens to me too

christianmommato3 January 24th, 2005 05:17 PM

:lol: I have done that before. Atleast you are able to pay them right away!! I am sure they will not shut off your cable. It isn't like you are behind every month

pinkpercolator January 24th, 2005 07:03 PM

I just walked down to the mail box to mail that cable bill X's 2 months. I hope they do not call saying something. I never missed a payment or was late before. I told dh if I'm at work and Time Warner calls. Tell them I thought I paid them. But must not of. That I sent them a check for 2 months payment. They should recieve it before the end of the week. Well I had our son going good on this not paying the bill. I told him the cable and internet may be shut off in a couple days. He says why. Oh mom decided not to pay the bill. He says your stupid. But I bet your lying. I said go ask dad. He'll tell you I really never paid the bill. That's not fair no cable tv or internet. Well our son has been a jerk lately. He'll be 16 the end of March. So that teen attitude is coming out big time. I said how bad can it be no internet or cable. Oh really bad. There'll be nothing to watch on tv or you won't get to go on the internet and talk bad on your message boards. I said well I got places where I can get free internet. I can walk down to the library and get like a half hour a day on or they don't check school ID's at the university. I can go to their coffee house and get free unlimited internet as long as there is not others waiting to get on. Otherwise you get 45 minutes at a time.

MinnesotaMommy January 24th, 2005 08:03 PM

Must be catchy...I did the same thing last month. :angry: