JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Mommy Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/)
-   -   My son doesn't like being called "moo moo" anymore (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/133069-my-son-doesn-t-like-being-called-moo-moo-anymore.html)

pattyandthemoos January 13th, 2006 04:09 PM

Last night Jeremy told me he does NOT like me calling him moo moo. He says I hate that! It makes me think of a cow! LMBO!! I told Jeremy a long time ago that people don't get to pick their own nicknames. Like me, I get called Pattycake, Patty Mayo, Peppermint Patty. Ya know, I don't really like them either. LOL. Anyway they are still moos to me. LOL.

mrobinson January 13th, 2006 04:56 PM

:lol: That's cute! My brother used to be upset about being called a monkey... hmm, maybe Jeremy could be a girraffe for a while... then maybe he'll prefer being a moo!

Heavenly January 13th, 2006 06:13 PM

awww poor you !
how old is he ?

I'll cry too when my kids out grow their nick names.

Sassy5d January 13th, 2006 06:22 PM

Aww Patty..
I agree with pp, perhaps you could find a different nickname for him, and maybe he'd prefer moo..

Or better yet, tell him to get used to it, when he gets a girlfriend, chances are she'll have a lil pet name for him also, and that name will NEVER go away..hee hee hee

Becky

Mauren January 13th, 2006 08:08 PM

aww thats cute.

pattyandthemoos January 13th, 2006 08:40 PM

Quote:

Or better yet, tell him to get used to it, when he gets a girlfriend, chances are she'll have a lil pet name for him also, and that name will NEVER go away..hee hee hee[/b]
You are a riot. Um, he's not getting a girlfriend! He already told me that he does not want to grow up. He wants to stay a kid forever and I said okay sounds good to me. LOL.

Rachel January 13th, 2006 08:47 PM

Too funny! Sarah has taken to calling Daniel "Butt-butt". I'm not sure why, but it stuck and we all call him that. I'm sure when he's Jeremy's age he'll tell us to stop too.

Kaypea January 16th, 2006 12:51 AM

DS is 14 and his nick name is "Turkey Pants" or Turkey for short. We call him that ALL the time, he still likes it he says..... We are a nick name house. DH is "Bum" and he gets that more than his given name. I dont think DH has called me "Kathleen" since our wedding day :P

Jinxcat January 16th, 2006 01:03 AM

I am going through the same thing with my little ones. I call my five year old, Sophia "Sophie-Loaf" and she says she now wants to be called Sophia Grace (her full name).

My 8 year old, Isabella is my Chelly-Belly and now she just wants to be called Bella (what most everyone calls her.)

I call Jacob, my 12 year old, "Jacobean (Jacob Bean)" and he now says he will not respond when I call him that...

Oh well, Jenavieve is only 10 days old so we have yet to figure out what we will plague her with...

You keep calling Jeremy 'Moo Moo'. One day he will look back fondly at your special term of endearment for him. :smile: