JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Mommy Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/)
-   -   Is this girl psycho? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/14196-girl-psycho.html)

mandamary February 8th, 2005 07:48 AM

Ok, So I work with this girl and she comes acrossed as being rather obsessive about me. I get really annoyed and frustrated by her. Ever since she has heard through the grape-vine of everyday work gossip that I am pregnant she has been bugging me about it. Every time she sees me, no matter if it is an hour later or a day later, she asks me if I am showing yet. She asks other people I work with if I am showing yet, and then randomly seeks me out and touches and comments on my stomache. It really frustrates me. I do not mind it when she asks me other questions about the baby, but the repeating questions everyday is going to make ME go insane. She even openly questions the fact that I am pregnant. She asks other co-workers if I really am or not. She asks me to lift up my shirt so she can see my belly. I am totally not that kind of person. I am not a very open person about these personal things, especially with people I do not really know that well. I don't know what to say to her, and I am debating on bringing up the matter with my boss or not. This girl is like nuts. What would you do in this situation?

christianmommato3 February 8th, 2005 09:10 AM

I would ask her politely to stop touching me!

I would just flat out tell her that you are a private person and you are tired of the repeating questions.

Selestial February 8th, 2005 10:23 AM

I agree. She's apparently not like a good friend or anything. Good luck, I say talk to the boss if talking to her more directly doesn't work.

linda11567 February 8th, 2005 10:28 AM

I would start by telling her very politely that while I don't mind her questions, please don't ask me the same question over and over, i already answered it. As for not believing me, I wouldn't care. If she asked me to lift my shirt I'd say no, my belly is something I don't feel comfortable showing around. If she questions it to my face then I would probably be blunt and say my pregnancy is between me, my husband and my dr. She can believe it or not, whatever she chooses. If she doesn't back off or you feel like she is stalking you, talk to your boss. i would let her know first though before you go to your boss.

Melissa_A February 8th, 2005 10:32 AM

UGH! That is so crazy. I know how you feel, there is someone here at my work who does that to me....and it's a guy!!! It really irks me, he's always trying to touch my belly and asking me questions over and over about how I feel, how the doctors appts were and all this. He is totally prying, it's not just the standard "how ya feeling". I have narrowed my answers down to "i'm fine, there's nothing new". And as far as touching the belly....HANDS OFF BUSTER!

AmberC February 8th, 2005 10:34 AM

Well I would definitely bring it up to the boss. It does seem very strange. As far as lifting your shirt or her touching your belly.. I would flat out tell her when she does it that you are not comfortable with her touching your belly or with lifing your shirt. Its certainly not appropriate at work and you'd appreciate it if she would stop. For the rest, I'd just start with the boss.

Cindermella February 8th, 2005 03:12 PM

keep a cell phone handy at all times
she is stalker material

I was stalked once and it was ###### scarey
the womany used to walk by my house and stare longingly up the driveway

happily for me she moved to the next town over