JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Mommy Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/)
-   -   When you mop your floors at home (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/1612-when-you-mop-your-floors-home.html)

pinkpercolator August 16th, 2004 05:23 PM

After you just got done scrubbing your floors. Example like the kitchen floor was just mopped. Do you let it air dry. Or do you go over it with a dry mop or towel to dry it. I always let it air dry. Our son tries arguing the point. Says you gotta dry the floor after your done. Or the dirt will just dry back on. I said no you don't. Even at work. When I mop the floor behind the line and my cooking areas. I just let it air dry. Our son like to prove I'm wrong all the time. It urks me really bad. So he goes and uses up most a roll of paper towels to dry the kitchen floor I mopped. All because he says you gotta dry it.

Janelle August 16th, 2004 05:27 PM

air dry all the way. I have never even heard of anyone drying it with a towel afterwards. My grandmother who is the neatest freakiest person I will ever know(washes the walls down in her house at least 4 times a year) doesnt wipe it up.

oreokitten August 16th, 2004 05:57 PM

I walk around with a towel under my feet and 'shuffle' it dry, lol. It's because the kids won't stay out of the kitchen and if it's wet, they slip and fall so I have to dry it.:)

zonapellucida August 16th, 2004 06:15 PM

I have to rinse after I wash because of the surface of the floor but I AIR DRY!!!!!

1Bow&2Bowties Mama August 16th, 2004 08:14 PM

When i wash the floors i always air dry them, I have never heard of anyone drying the floors with a towel.

Torrey August 17th, 2004 03:49 AM

I always air dry too, but if your DS wants the floor towel dried that bad, by all means hand him a towel and let him do it himself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

YankeeMom August 17th, 2004 04:00 AM

The only time I actually dried the floor after mopping was when we had tile floors (had to or they dried streaky and the kids cracked their butts slipping on it) and when the kids were really little.

Now we have hardwood floors and I can't get them overly wet. I love the Swiffer Wet Jet :D It barely wets the floor and no drying :)

Bug-n-Ed August 17th, 2004 06:14 AM

I have never dried the floor with a towel. I think that's crazy. I do put my little one in socks when I mop though, becaust otherwise he'll slip and fall. So, it's air dry all the way.

christianmommato3 August 17th, 2004 06:29 AM

I just mop with a regular mop and then I let it air dry.

I only towel dry it if I did it before having company and they are due any minute. My kids know to stay out of the kitchen after I mop it!!!

Goodnu2003 August 17th, 2004 07:40 AM

Air Dry here!!

tamw402004 August 17th, 2004 08:00 AM

Usually AIR DRY! Unless I need to walk on it right away then I might dry it with an old towel.

mom2one August 17th, 2004 09:23 AM

My dh will sorta agree with your son LOL. But mostly about the carpet. If the carpet gets wet with just water, it attracks dirt and causes a dirt stain when it really was just water that spilled. When he shampoos the carpet, he makes sure to get all the water up and is pretty dry, then turns on a fan.

As far as my kitchen floor, I have wood laminent, so I use a spray bottle of floor cleaner and a terry cloth mod, so it really wipes up pretty dry. I just let it finish drying on its own.

Alice August 17th, 2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by oreokitten@Aug 16 2004, 07:57 PM
I walk around with a towel under my feet and 'shuffle' it dry, lol. It's because the kids won't stay out of the kitchen and if it's wet, they slip and fall so I have to dry it.:)
Me too, for the same reason.

But if he thinks all the dirt is still on the floor, have him look in the mop bucket. That is NOT the same clean water you started with.