JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Mommy Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/)
-   -   How did you meet your partner? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/233121-how-did-you-meet-your-partner.html)

Sassy5d June 20th, 2006 04:41 PM

I love these kinda stories... And maybe if someone feels like spilling it, they can add proposal stories to the mix.. I know not everyone is married and that's cool.. But I still want to know how everyone met their partners...

Becky

cheesevixen June 20th, 2006 09:22 PM

I met my honey at a local store, but it is not like you think. I worked at a bakery, and my fiancee was a butcher. One day he was on his smoking break, and I cam eout an saw him. He was so cute with his little apron, and you could tell he was so shy. An I love the shy guys. First thing I said was hi, and then I asked him how his teeth got like that (he had so many broken ones that I felt bad for him). Well I found out two things. !. he was open an honest, and 2. that he had the worst dentist in the world. We started going out all the time. I gave him free cookies, and we would play around in my bakery when I had to clean. It made me feel loads better. Soon we were going to coffee shops, and riding around all night in his car. Our song soon bacame "Blvd. or broken dream" by greeen day. Not because of the lyircs, but becasue seemingly everytime we turned the station it would come on. We must have sang it about a hundred times that one night. The night we became official we had went to the riverside, and looked at the stars. Mr. romance took a whiz out there, and that is when I knew he was the one. Not because he ruined the moment, but because I accepted it, and I wanted to always accept him. From then on it was Pizza, staying out all night, and Staying the night at eachother's house. We eventually moved in together, and now we are going to get married. We had to put it off for our beautiful con, but right now I think I am right where I want to be. Minus a few changes of course^_^.

Cyndee June 20th, 2006 11:00 PM

I met him through my bro in law at the time. They both worked at a local supermarket.. They were meat cutters... AKA butchers. but he hates to be called that. I first laid eyes on him there.. But I was engaged to another man.. We have a local carnival every year and he came up to my bro in law.. I told my sister that he had a gorgeous smile and a great tight butt. Well the next day she came and told me that she had told him what I had said.. His reaction was a great big grin she said.. Well my sis and her hubby tried to fix us up.. And I tried.. But he would never take the bait... I had tried to break up with this guy but he would put me on a guilt trip.. And I would take him back.. Then the last time I tried to be with Charles he flat out told me... That he wouldn't date me because I was going with someone.. That he had been cheated on before and he wouldn't do that to another man... So I stayed with the other guy.. Then I finally had enough of his BS... So I broke up with him.. And my sis and her hubby took me riding around and then they picked up Charles.. We actually Charles was there when I broke up with him... And we started dating that very night.. And haven't been apart since.. We had only been seeing each other maybe 3 days when he came up to me and told me that my dad had asked him to spend the weekend with me... I told him he was a liar.. My dad is strict no boys in the house while they aren't there.. That has always been the rule.. So I let it go and went home.. My dad then caught me.. He said since Chad had threatened you I do not want you to stay alone this weekend since we will be out of town.. He said he had asked Charles to stay with me.. I was totally floored... That was one fun weekend... Well two weeks had passed.. And I walked into another local supermarket (not the one he worked at) and one of the checkers that knew his family asked when I was getting married.. I told her that I have only known Charles for 2 weeks so it was kind of early... Well time past and nothing was said.. Well in January of 1997 he kept taking me and showing me wedding ring sets.. It was like he was teasing me... Finally I had enough... I asked if he was scared I would do the same thing his ex fiance did.. (She cheated on him and broke his heart).. He said yes.. I told him that I could never do that to him.. That I loved him with all my heart... He bought the rings and proposed to me in the car... We got married by the justice of peace and have been married ever since.. Well about 5 years after we had been married I found out why the lady at the grocery store asked if i was going to get married... My hubby had told his mom and sis after knowing me only for 2 weeks that he found the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.. And they can't keep anything to themselves... I also really never knew if my sister really told him what I had said at the carnival that night.. Because when I asked if she told him anything he wouldn't say.. I found out the truth a year ago when we were fixing to move back home.. We were walking into McDonald's.. He made some kind of comment.. And I popped off Well I didn't marry ya for your money... He laughed and said no you married me for my gorgeous smile and my great tight butt. Then he spun me around and gave me a big kiss...

This is what he looked like when we first met. He was a skinny minny.. He is 5' 11" and he only weighed 130 pounds at the tme..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/kaizynn/ok1.jpg

This is how he looks now with a little meat on his bones.. At 5'11" and 180 pounds
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nthias359a.jpg

FamilyShorty June 21st, 2006 06:54 AM

Met at a party in college hosted by mutual friends.

Nina June 21st, 2006 07:48 AM

A mutual friend introduced us to each other. She kept telling me that we were exactly alike and she was right. He had a girlfriend when I first met him, that everyone hated, but I'm not a homewrecker, so I told her to introduce us when he was single. About a month later we met, went out and then got married less than three months later. :cheer:

xxx

chasesmommy June 23rd, 2006 05:04 PM

He was my boss! :-D

greenjeans June 23rd, 2006 05:11 PM

Everyone has such cute stories :D

I met dh because my roommate had a crush on his roommate although the feeling wasn't mutual. Well, the guy told my roommate she could come over if she brought a friend for his roommate. Well, it was my day off so I said, what the heck, I'll go. That's the last time dh's roommate saw my roommate but we hit it off right away. The next day we went on a date, just the two of us :lol: and that was it. I quit my job a month later and went to work for him, a year and a half later we got hitched

sunsetsue June 23rd, 2006 07:43 PM

We met online :o

Marie June 23rd, 2006 08:09 PM

I hired in that a YMCA site just before the winter hoildays. DH went back home to England to visit family. When he came back in Jan. we had a staff meeting and everyone sat at a long retrangler table. DH sat in front of me and just stared. Our boss at the time paired us up to work until 6:30 every evening and close the site. i would walk him to his car or vice versa. After a while of him not getting it, we finally clicked and started to date. about 6 years later we married and then 3 years after we have kids. :P

sunkissed June 24th, 2006 02:43 PM

We met at our local gym on the stair masters :wub: We dated for 6 months and knew we belonged together, got married in Vegas and have been married for 6 years now :wub:

~*stephanie*~ June 27th, 2006 07:54 PM

I met my dh on yahoo! LOL

Carwen*Angel June 28th, 2006 05:09 AM

We met through a free dating service on UK teletext!! It was almost 9 years ago now, around late August. What's weird is, we were both looking, both lived in Lancashire, it was the first time I had ever posted an advert on something like that, and the first time he had ever looked and replied. I had about 30 calls to listen to from my advert and his was the first one I picked...we called each other a few times, realised we had plenty in common, met up in a pub near where I lived at the time and drove up to the Middlebrook Centre in Bolton on our first date, went bowling and saw a movie and had a meal. We really clicked and carried on seeing each other...

Years have gone by and in that time I moved in with him for a while in Preston, we broke up and got back together several times, and then we bought a house together in Horwich...just around the corner from the Middlebrook Centre... :wacko:

We got engaged last year on Valentine's in the same cinema where we had our first date! We had gone to see Meet the Fockers and he had it all planned, if it was a great film he would propose at the end, and if it was crap he wouldn't bother and wait for a better moment! :lol: It was a great film, so he stopped me from leaving at the end, said "I've got something to ask you" and then came out with "will you marry me?" and produced a ring (not the right size but it was symbolic, we bought a more expensive one later) and it was the most romantic thing that ever happened to me, we both cried a lot. :wub:

We're planning to get married while I'm off on maternity leave and have time to arrange it!

thekepp June 28th, 2006 06:55 AM

I actually married my husband after meeting up at our 15th high school reunion in Sept. 2004. We were friends in high school but shortly after high school I moved away (from Pennsylvania to Illiniois)and haven't seen anyone in 15 years. I really wanted to go to my 15th reunion and went to a website to find out when the reunion was. I planned my vacation around it and flew home for it. A good friend of mine introduced us and we hit it right off. We were going to a party after the reunion but he lost me on the highway and I didn't know how to get to the party. I went back to my moms house furious! I remember that the friend who introduced us told me his brother owned a pizza shop so I called the shop and told him who I was and asked for his brothers phone number so I could get directions to the party. He knew the guy having the party and gave me directions.

I made it to the party and Mark and I talked the whole night. I gave him my phone number but he never called. I called him the day before I left and he was shocked to say the least that I called. We emailed and talked on the phone for two months, he flew me home for Thanksgiving and proposed and then flew out to Illinois in December to help me move home. We got married on New Years Eve 2004.

He later confessed that he had a huge crush on me in high school :wub:

Chunky Monkey June 28th, 2006 09:15 PM

I usually tell people we met through a mutual friend but I am going to share it here:

we met through a personal ad. I know it is a little cliche but we talked for 2 weeks and finally went out on our 1st date. I fell in love with him instantly.

andrewsmommyNdrubieswife June 30th, 2006 01:24 PM

I am making this story short..

I was at a friends house typing a paper and they broke up...she only wanted to have his baby...never happened.....they broke up that nite cause of some girl online saying they got together....which wasnt true...anyways, lol i wrote down his yahoo username so i could im him cause he seem to be nice and sweet...we talked and he didnt live that far from me just a few block...he came over we chill with one of my other friends and a month later we started dating.....he was 28 at the time and i was 17 love at first sight...got engaged....married on november 5 05 and had a beauitful baby boy april 8...couldnt be happier

for those who dont think this is rite with the age thing....he helped me out i lived and a bad environment and he knew they was playing mind games...they only wanted the money blah blah blah...then he came into my life.....he was afarid to get close with me cause of the age difference but we just became friends and got to know eachother before we started and did anything else....just wanted to say that.....so HOPEFULLY knowone well say anything about the age difference cause AGE AINT NOTHING BUT A NUMBER

becky