JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Mommy Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/)
-   -   Do you believe in mediums? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/2438027-do-you-believe-mediums.html)

MommaOnCloud9 October 25th, 2011 09:04 PM

Do you believe in mediums?

Do you believe there are people who talk to those who have passed on?

lovemyboysandabbey2 October 26th, 2011 02:53 PM

Re: Do you believe in mediums?

I am torn, part of me really does

Cesca October 26th, 2011 03:46 PM

Nope. Don't believe in ghosts either.

Gaby&Emmy'sMama October 26th, 2011 03:47 PM

... i do...

sarah* October 27th, 2011 05:40 AM

Yes because mum had one speak to her! :)

Earthy.Mama October 27th, 2011 11:53 AM

Yup.

*~Amanda~* October 27th, 2011 03:02 PM

I do believe in them. I don't believe that most who claim they have that ability are.

Jennhowru October 28th, 2011 09:36 AM

No. I don't believe in ghosts, so I don't believe there's anything for Mediums to "talk" to.

MommaOnCloud9 October 29th, 2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *~Amanda~* (Post 25094505)
I do believe in them. I don't believe that most who claim they have that ability are.

:iagree:

I had an experience with one that I really do believe she had some kind of talent for it. She was actually advertised as a pet psychic at an animal festival. I sat my normally happy-loves-everyone dog on my lap to get a "reading". When she leaned into him, he put his head to the side and wouldn't make eye contact with her. It was very strange behavior for him.

Since, he wouldn't "talk" to her, she started talking about "someone" with me. She asked me, "Is your grandma still living? Your mom's mom?" I said yes, she's perfectly healthy. She said, "No. No. This lady is closely linked with your mom. Are you sure your grandma's still aliv?" I told her no, no, no, my grandma was perfectly healthy and had at least another 10 years in her.

In my head, I'm thinking, "Lady, you are so fake. Fake. Fake. You're not for real in any way. I've caught you in a lie. Give it up."

THEN, the lady starts describing "who" was with me..... and no, it wasn't general things that anyone could guess. She was describing my mom's twin sister who passed away 10 years earlier. She knew the month my aunt died in....she had only a 1 in 12 chance of getting that right. And, honestly, if there was anyone who would have been with me that had passed on, it would have been my aunt. Since my mom and her were twin sisters, I saw my aunt 2-3 days a week and she was almost like a 2nd mom to me.

I know some "mediums" have microphones in other rooms and listen to what others are saying to get ideas of what to say; but I hadn't talked about my aunt all day, let alone anywhere at this pet festival.

So yeah, I do believe in them.

Carwen*Angel November 17th, 2011 12:49 PM

I do believe in them, indeed I've had a reading from a very good one. However I don't believe that all mediums are genuine. I think some of them do cold reading and that is just awful, preying on vulnerable people. I went to see one once who just spent the entire night asking very leading questions, latching onto them, giving vague information that could apply to anyone, and giving very common names such as Mary and John. So yes, but with reservations.