JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Mommy Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/)
-   -   How primitive could you live? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/2455359-how-primitive-could-you-live.html)

Carwen*Angel November 29th, 2011 11:07 AM

How primitive could you live?

As in, could you live without electricity for example? What about plumbing? What about home comforts, processed food and shop-bought toiletries? What about living completely money-free and growing your own food? What about not even living in a house, but a mobile home of some sort or another type of dwelling?

What would you give a go and what could you really not do?

esparando para bebé November 29th, 2011 01:34 PM

Re: How primitive could you live?

I need a shower and internet. lol I could probably do most else. I don't know. I love my books, so I guess I'd have to have money to buy them...

MellieB November 29th, 2011 03:21 PM

I need indoor plumbing, electricity, net, TV. I could however, use solar and water tanks and grow all my own food. I guess I could provide my own mod cons.

Carwen*Angel November 30th, 2011 10:29 AM

I would be up for going as basic as you can imagine (no plumbing, electric, etc) for a while to try it out. Staying on Shaun's boat is pretty basic. I wouldn't swear that I would convert forever and I would find a world without internet hard.

Shades of Grey November 30th, 2011 06:34 PM

I dont think Id live without plumbing and electricity.I like to be warm and clean. I would grown my own food, though. I make my laundry detergent, but I still use a washing machine. I could live without most hi tech stuff though. Im the only person I know who has a cell phone that only makes calls and texts.

MellieB November 30th, 2011 07:57 PM

All you ladies who could live w/o plumbing are very brave.

plan4fate December 1st, 2011 12:36 AM

I am very high maintenance in some areas... electricity and technology being the biggest two. I can live anywhere as long as it has all the things I need to function properly (a kitchen, and full bathroom for example). Our first "home" will likely be a mobile home/trailer on the land he wants to build our house on. As long as he hires a cleaning lady after it's purchased (we're buying used) to do a better job than I ever could.. I'd have 0 problem living in it.

But I wont give up my internet, or cell phone (calling long distance is pricey, and our cell lets me do it for $5 a month)... I'm very much a tech geek, and I'm pretty happy that way. :)