JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Mommy Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/)
-   -   Getting Stuff Done (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/384428-getting-stuff-done.html)

Nina November 29th, 2006 05:04 PM

<span style="font-family:Georgia">
I know that being a Mom means that we have twice work. How do you keep up with all the housework, carpooling, bake sales and of course still have some "YOU" time?

I have got to have a list!! All the important dates and times go on my Chihuahua calendar and school notices go right on the fridge! I do major cleaning once a week, the day varies and the rest of the time I just maintain. I hate spending all day cleaning when I could be spending it with my kids. :wub:

xxx</span>

stormy November 30th, 2006 10:34 AM

As for housework I do what I can. It is hard trying to work, keep the house up, and raising three children. As for all of the activities that my girls do with school and outside of school I have to write it down on a planner to keep myself straight.

*Valerie* November 30th, 2006 12:20 PM

I make a list to, but don't get to stick to it. I find the only way I can get it done is to ask for or accept help.

brook&amp;alorasmommy December 1st, 2006 04:29 PM

Great thread! As for housework, it hates me just as much as I hate it. My DH and I argue about it constantly because he works all day and I only work three nights a week (outside the home) so I should be on top of things. Whatever. I usually am up until atleast 1 am everynight, later if its a worknight so I do the housecleaning when the kids are asleep. That way it stays clean. Then they mess it up in the morning!!

Laundry is the worst. I should do a load daily but I don't. I do laundry maybe two or three times a week and a couple loads then... but it still piles at the washer!!

I try to arrange grocery trips and stuff around Brook's YMCA playgroup times because that's two hours to myself with little Alora. But then I feel guilty for spending time with Alora while Brook was there so I take her for lunch or icecream at McDonalds and they poop themselves out in the playland.

I just take the days as they come. Lists and me don't mesh well!

Sassy5d December 2nd, 2006 09:50 AM

now that my son is mobile.. it's almost impossible to keep up with anything..

I pick up his toys, he pulls them all out throughout the house....

he gets ahold of everything that isn't nailed down and spreads it everywhere....

So its a no win situation around here.. just take it one day at a time..

Becky

JensJulyBoy05 December 3rd, 2006 08:42 AM

Day planners are your friend lol
As for cleaning Once a week usually on a sunday DH takes aidan to the park for daddy time and i attack the house on a mission lol Other than that the rest of the week we just "straighten up" lol