JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Mommy Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/)
-   -   Kissy Relatives (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/393439-kissy-relatives.html)

jenweaver December 8th, 2006 11:54 AM

It's that time of year, we just finished Thanksgiving and Christmas is upon us. Time to see all those relatives we only see once or twice a year. Aunts and cousins, great uncles and grand parents. I love them all to death, but my husband comes from a very Kissy family. Totally opposite of the way I grew up. Everybody kisses, most on the cheeks, some on the lips. Some nice and some icky! I remember the first time I met his great aunt Carol, she left me with a bright red lipstick print that would barely come off even after soap and water. There are some get togethers when I have 3 or 4 lip prints on my face. More red and fushcia lipstick than I would ever wear in a year, lol.
Does anyone else have "kissy" relatives? Are you a kisser or kissee? Ever get lipsticked?

*Valerie* December 8th, 2006 12:10 PM

I am a very NON touchy feely, kissy kissy person and my aunt and uncle are HUGE kissy people. I always give them a cheek and move away quickly! I don't mind hugging some people, but I would rather just wave or say hi :blush:

Nina December 8th, 2006 01:56 PM

UGH!!! <_< I am not a very affectionate person at all!! Well, my kids are different. I don't mind them hugging me or kissing me, but everyone else needs to back off!! My mother is that way. She loves to hug, kiss, hold hands........http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...cons/icon8.gif! :lol: All my other relatives live far away, so I don't have to worry about them!!

xxx

BensMom December 8th, 2006 01:58 PM

EW! NO! We're all huggers on both sides. :wacko:

Lisadear December 8th, 2006 05:10 PM

eww kissy kissy

I'm not a kissy kissy person but I know some folks that are ...

most the time I kind of hang back and put my cheek to another person's cheek to avoid the lipstick thingy on my face and I do the airborne 'smack' sound lol

xxx Lisa xxx

bright future December 9th, 2006 08:16 AM

Quote:

I am a very NON touchy feely, kissy kissy person and my aunt and uncle are HUGE kissy people. I always give them a cheek and move away quickly! I don't mind hugging some people, but I would rather just wave or say hi :blush:[/b]
You just totally described me. I don't even do handshakes as much as I should... I just like to wave and say hi. What's with everyone needing to touch one another?!?! :huh:

irishxrose December 11th, 2006 08:16 PM

Ugh I hate it!! DF's family doesn't do it all thank goodness, but my family... kissy kissy central! SAVE MEEEEEEEEEE!

ERICKA77 December 13th, 2006 06:35 AM

I'm not affectionate either. Hugs is as far as I go.

JensJulyBoy05 December 14th, 2006 06:05 PM

wow so odd to me lol i grew up in NY my moms spanish other sides italian and we dont EVER say hello and goodbye to ANYONE without a kiss on the cheek lol and while growing up in NY i never met anyone else that didnt do it it was just the norm. Even meeting people for the first time lol thats just how we said Hi. (Im from the ghetto in ny btw LOL)
Then when i moved to the south nobody did that and i was like the weirdo lol so now im always uncomfortable in that kinda situation when in ny i never questioned it now im like how the hell do i greet them ? Where i come from its rude if u dont kiss everyone in the room on the cheek lol so im always like um hi ? handshake? half hug maybe ?? some people a kiss lol IDK
Very interesting to see how many people are really uncomfortable with that hmm .. all my friends that never did that before always kiss me now i likeit i dont know it feels llovey lol (i always tell my friends i luv them too and vise versa .. im weirdlol )

mom4life December 15th, 2006 05:00 AM

DH's family is all hugs and kisses ewwwww LOL

Mommy2aPumpkin December 16th, 2006 07:26 PM

I am not very affectionate in that sorta way lol but I am pretty emotional..sounds weird lol

I am not the one to greet everyone by the door and scream out HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! and kiss and hug each and every one of them lol...