JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Mommy Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/)
-   -   What's for dinner?? Share some recipes!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f28-mommy-lounge/941018-what-s-for-dinner-share-some-recipes.html)

itty February 21st, 2008 11:07 AM

Texas Tater Casserole

Prep Time: 20 Min Start to finish: 1 hr 10 min

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef

1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)

1 medium stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed Cheddar cheese soup

1 can (11 oz) Green Giant Mexicorn whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained

1/2 cup Old El Paso Think 'n Chunky picante

2 teasponns chili powder

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 bag (16 oz) frozen potato nuggets(tater tots)

1/2 cup shredded taco-flavored cheese (2 oz)

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onion, celery and garlic over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.

2. Stir in soup, corn, picante, chili powder and pepper. Spoon into ungreased 2 1/2-quart casserole. Top with frozen potato nuggets.

3. Bake uncovered 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

6 servings (1 1/2 cups each)

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 1, increase cook time to 10-12 minutes. Increase first bake time to 45 minutes.

1 Serving: Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 280); Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat nc); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 1810mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars nc); Protein 25g

% Daily Value: Vitamin A nc; Vitamin C nc; Calcium nc; Iron 18%

Exchanges: 2 Starch, 3 Vegetable, 2 Medium-Fat Meat, 4 Fat

Carbohydrate Choices: 3

Betty Crocker Kitchen Tips: You can use Old El Paso salsa in place of the picante sauce in this recipe.

There's no need to peel garlic cloves when you use a garlic press. Simply pop the clove, skin and all, into the press, then squeeze. The garlic flesh will be forced through the mesh, while the skin stays in the press.

Frozen potato nuggets also come in onion flavor and in mini-size nuggets. Try one of these to compliment this casserole.

LadyBelle February 21st, 2008 02:06 PM

yumm that does sound good!!

Sadly I am not a cook.

itty February 21st, 2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

yumm that does sound good!!

Sadly I am not a cook.[/b]

I have a friend that doesn't cook either. She tells people "OH I cook....I cook McDonalds, Applebees, Sonic, etc." cracks me up. :lol:
I WISH I didn't have to cook and come up with new recipes all the time. But I am afraid my family would freak out if there wasn't something on the table nightly. If it were up to me...I wouldn't cook cause I honestly don't enjoy it.

nana2jace February 22nd, 2008 12:51 PM

Thats sonds good. Have to try it.