JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   How often do you change up your routine? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2638613-how-often-do-you-change-up-your-routine.html)

pattyandthemoos March 28th, 2013 10:25 AM

How often do you change up your routine?

Anyone doing something different/new right now?

I am just getting started but I first wanted to get through 12 weeks of Body for Life. I'm almost there. Once I get finished I'm going to change my strength training from doing one full body workout 3 times a week to doing upper body and abs one day, and lower body the next. Plus I want to do 3 days of cardio. I'm not sure if I am going to change what I'm doing for cardio or not. It's kind of lame. I go up and down my stairs for most of it but I get really sweaty and I feel like it's a good workout so I don't really want to change it. Plus, I like doing it so I figure as long as I like it I will stick with it.

I've started writing down exercise ideas because I want to do different exercises this time. But, dh is supposed to be getting this really awesome weight system from a friend and if we get that we should be able to a lot more exercises. I hope it works out because I'm already super excited about it.

Anyway, my goal is to change my routine every 12 weeks. I'll probably make new picture threads each time just because they help me to stay on track.

melissalaw March 28th, 2013 10:52 AM

Re: How often do you change up your routine?

I will usually do 4 week rotations. so I might do 4 weeks of heavy weights then 4 weeks of lighter weights focusing on more barre work.

although alot of times I just do what sounds fun to me that day..lol.

2pinks&ablue March 29th, 2013 05:39 PM

I don't change my routine often enough. I do cardio (running, crosstrainer, or biking usually) and mostly the same weight sets, and up the weight when I feel ready. I have started Jillian Michael's fat burning yoga video, and I love it so far!

Adwerd April 3rd, 2013 06:14 AM

Yeah, I am also don't do that. I do also cardio and usually i like to run in morning. But sometime I do changes like i do some yoga or went for cycling.

Jessimaaka April 3rd, 2013 07:50 AM

I'm doing 30DS (attempting for the 3rd time, hope I can actually complete it this time!), but otherwise it depends on my son's naps, the weather, and how he slept the night before. I try to get walking in a few times a week, even if its circling the mall if the weather sucks. I'm going to try another video once I'm done with this Jillian one, so I guess I switch it up every month?

babyloves2dance April 3rd, 2013 09:24 AM

I probably don't switch mine up enough. I've been doing Leslie Sansone DVD's since mid January. I just decided to switch up my routine to include more toning and allow me to use some of my other workout dvd's too. This month I am doing walking (Leslie's videos) Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Toning (using the 10 minute solutions Target Toning video) Tuesday and Thursday, Doing any other video (stability ball, kickboxing, ballet, etc) on Saturday and using Sunday as my rest day (or make up day if I missed a day). We will see how things are going by the end of April and I will decide then if I will switch for May.