JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   What do you do when you get discouraged? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2649311-what-do-you-do-when-you-get-discouraged.html)

pattyandthemoos May 9th, 2013 08:03 AM

What do you do when you get discouraged?

I have to admit I have been feeling more discouraged lately. Yesterday was a bad day so we didn't get time to workout until around 9pm and by then I was just too tired. I think part of my problem is I'm pushing myself really hard right now and then I feel disappointed when I can't do it all.

What helps me is to just come here and talk about it and to remind myself that it is just one day. Basically I just keep starting over.

Jessimaaka May 9th, 2013 08:23 AM

Re: What do you do when you get discouraged?

I take a few days off and try not to think about it. And I try to get some extra sleep :)

You are doing great Patty! Sometimes we just all need a break.

jhmomofmany May 9th, 2013 10:55 AM

I don't deal with days like that very well, Patty. If I have to miss a workout or two I get upset and start thinking I might as well just forget it. I'm too "all or nothing" for my own good. And right now I'm discouraged because I really can't workout like I want to, and I really do have to gain those dratted "maternal fat stores". And even though this pregnancy is almost over, the last month is always the longest. Just trying to remind myself to do what I can for today.

babyloves2dance May 9th, 2013 01:08 PM

Sometimes I will take a day off and then get back at it. Other days I try to push myself through a workout even when I don't feel like it (because I know that when I am in a certain mood, it will be easier for me to turn a day off into a week off and then fall off the bandwagon). When I am in one of those moods and make myself workout, then I usually feel a bit better about myself. It all kind of depends on what kind of mood/how discouraged I am.

nurselochia May 10th, 2013 02:20 PM

I'm struggling with this right now. I'm sure some of it's hormone related, but I'm really discouraged with my weightloss right now. I just can't seem to drop any weight and if anything, I feel like I'm bigger now than I was at the beginning of the year. I eat pretty healthy, I exercise on a regular basis. I think what pushed me over the edge was yesterday: I went up to the attic for hot rollers (a friend and I are going to a show, and you dress up kinda funky..long story lol) and found my old party clothes from before kids/marriage. So I get that it was 2000-2002 when I wore these clothes, but I decided to try them on anyway. My pleather pants fit ok My old bar shirts? That used to hit my pant line? Halter tops with a big ole muffin at the bottom. Now I don't know what I expected but it really put it into perspective how much my body has changed over the last several years. And it did nothing to motivate me. So, I guess in a round about way, I don't really have anything that helps me when I'm discouraged.

2pinks&ablue May 11th, 2013 10:12 PM

I keep a pair of my "fat pants" in my closet that I can take out to remind myself of how far I've come already, and a pair of "goal pants" to show where I want to be. It helps to see my going forget from the bigger ones and closer to the small ones.

Enceinte2012 May 13th, 2013 07:12 AM

I have a pair of 'Goal Pants' front and center in my closet. I also put a picture of myself at a Healthy Weight (Yes, from High school ten years ago - lol) on my fridge, to remind myself that this will be worth every drop of sweat. :)