JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   Exercise induced migraine (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2649889-exercise-induced-migraine.html)

pattyandthemoos May 11th, 2013 07:40 PM

Exercise induced migraine

Has anyone ever experienced an exercise induced migraine?
I have had several of them and had one today. It was awful. At the end of my workout I started feeling dizzy and getting streaks through my vision. I usually get auras like this before my migraines. I had to lie on the floor of my basement for a while before I could get up and I still feel lousy. I didn't feel like I worked any harder than I usually do but I may have been a little dehydrated. I tried to do a little reading on this and exercise is a migraine trigger but I didn't learn too much about how to avoid them. I am going to try to up my water intake though to see if that helps.

2pinks&ablue May 11th, 2013 11:59 PM

Re: Exercise induced migraine

It's so strange that you posted this because I had this happen for the first time a few days ago! I blamed it on leaning back to far on stability ball for crunches (blood rushing to my head).

Jessimaaka May 12th, 2013 07:18 AM

I've never had that happen but it doesn't sound good at all! I hope upping your water intake helps avoid this!

PS - LOVE your new siggy!!!

babyloves2dance May 12th, 2013 08:31 AM

I've gotten a handful of headaches during my workouts, but never as bad as a migraine. I've also had workouts help get rid of headaches too (I think those were more tension related and working out helped relax the muscle or something).

So sorry you got such a bad one yesterday! I hope the increased water intake helps!

jhmomofmany May 12th, 2013 09:58 AM

I've not had migraines, but I have experienced exercise-induced headaches. I also suspected it tends to happen if I am dehydrated before my workout, or if I get overheated. I'm sorry this happened to you; I hope you find a way to avoid it!

pattyandthemoos May 13th, 2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyloves2dance (Post 27358215)
I've gotten a handful of headaches during my workouts, but never as bad as a migraine. I've also had workouts help get rid of headaches too (I think those were more tension related and working out helped relax the muscle or something).

So sorry you got such a bad one yesterday! I hope the increased water intake helps!

It is very weird but I have had exercise get rid of some of my migraines. I've done it a few times when I had a migraine and by the end of the workout my headache was gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessimaaka (Post 27358132)
I've never had that happen but it doesn't sound good at all! I hope upping your water intake helps avoid this!

PS - LOVE your new siggy!!!

Thank you. I was having a little anxiety about it. I feel self conscious in my swim suit for some reason.