JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   Hello!! New here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2650223-hello-new-here.html)

momie2b9-20-11 May 13th, 2013 11:28 AM

Hello!! New here

May I join you ladies in help with my weight-loss journey? I'm Ashley (24) . Happily married to Sam and mommy to 19 month old Kynslee.

I need help and motivation to loose weight!! I'm try to finally go the route of 'hard-core' dieting and seeing if that helps me loose any weight. I've been trying to loose weight by eating healthier, eating less, and trying to exercise more but I haven't lost any weight really. So, I'm going to try: pretty much no carbs, no fruit and all the meat and veggies I want strictly for a week and half then slowly start adding in a little carbs, little fruit and such. I've done this diet right before I got pregnant and it worked for me. I tried it then from encouragement from my doc not to loose weight but to help my thyroid. Sadly though, I gained all the weight back as soon as I got pregnant and gained a total of 50+ lbs while pregnant:( And, after 19 months PP and 15 1/2 months of bfing I'm still around the same weight I was after leaving the hospital when I had Kynslee.

So, I'm hoping to find a home for the much needed encouragement I'm seeking!

I'm also struggling some with depression and anger and DH and I both agreed that we think it's because I'm not happy with my weight. I've NEVER had a issue with weight before and so it's been a huge struggle to me when I constantly feel fat.

Sorry to go on, but wanted all out there for you ladies to know.

pattyandthemoos May 13th, 2013 11:49 AM

Re: Hello!! New here

Hey Ashley! Welcome to the board. I have bipolar disorder so depression can really affect my motivation to workout, eat right, etc. On the other hand, exercise really makes a huge difference with my moods.

One thing that I have learned from my exercise experience this time around is how much a difference strength training makes to losing weight. I am able to eat almost twice as much as I used to now that I've been strength training and still look good. I would really encourage you to try doing some type of exercise with either weights or body weight to help you build muscle. The more muscle you have the better your metabolism.

Also, to make you feel better, I have gained anywhere from 50-75 lbs with all of my pregnancies. It will come off!

Aenyx May 13th, 2013 12:52 PM

Hi! Glad to see you over here too lol. :)

babyloves2dance May 13th, 2013 03:05 PM

Welcome to the board Ashley!

I'm Kelsey mommy to Kendra (6 1/2) and Josh (Almost 3). The ladies here are absolutely wonderful and very motivating!

Jessimaaka May 13th, 2013 03:56 PM

Welcome! This is a wonderful group of ladies :)

One thing I found that helped me kickstart things (I don't have thyroid issues but they do run in my family) was calorie counting. I gained 50lbs with my pregnancy, and 25lbs shortly before that from quitting smoking. I tried relying on BF to help me lose the weight and after I actually GAINED weight in a 3 month period, I signed up for myfitnesspal.com and have lost! I tell EVERYONE about that site :lol:

momie2b9-20-11 May 14th, 2013 02:08 PM

Thanks ladies!! Looking forward to getting more motivated and trying to stay healthy!

nurselochia May 14th, 2013 03:56 PM

Welcome to the group!! I'm Jaime, mom to Jacob (9), Clara(8) Isaiah(5) and Caleb(2) This is a great group of ladies and they are great for encouragement and motivation.