JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   Kettlebells (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2650566-kettlebells.html)

nurselochia May 14th, 2013 04:09 PM

Kettlebells

Anyone have any experience with kettlebells? I think I'm going to buy a couple because I think part of my issue with lack of weightloss is my body has adapted to long distance running. It just doesn't burn the fat like it used to and I think my body is storing more in preparation for a potential long run. Irritating. Anyway, I need to mix it up a little bit and Im more likely to work out at home vs. the gym and I've always heard kettlebells work wonders. But I don't know exactly what you do with them. Any ideas or things you ladies have done?

babyloves2dance May 14th, 2013 08:46 PM

Re: Kettlebells

I haven't tried a kettlebell yet...will be stalking this thread though as I have thought about trying it out sometime too. :)

plan4fate May 14th, 2013 11:43 PM

I'm stalking too. They're something I have my eye on. I need to incorporate some weight, and with bad hands it's either going to be a decently weighted bell, or low weight/high rep.

pattyandthemoos May 15th, 2013 05:12 AM

To be honest I don't know that much about them. I know my sister was working out with them for a while and was doing a Jillian Michaels video. Maybe you could look for a kettlebell video to try. I honestly have no idea what you do with them.

nurselochia May 15th, 2013 07:56 AM

So I looked to good ole' google for ideas and found a few sites I've bookmarked. Next time I'm in town, I'm going to get a kettlebell and see how it goes. It looks easy, but I'm pretty uncoordinated so it may take some practice lol.

Kettlebell Workout: Total Body Toning Fitness Routine | Women's Health Magazine

Step-Out Swing - Killer Kettlebell Workout - Shape Magazine - Page 2

Kettlebell Exercises & Kettlebell Workouts

Kettlebell Workout: Total Body Toning Fitness Routine | Women's Health Magazine

melissalaw May 15th, 2013 12:47 PM

I love kettlebells and use them atleast once a week.

I use Lauren Brooks videos mostly. She's got some freebies on youtube that you can check out.

Kettlebell Personal Trainer/Training in San Diego and Encinitas; Kettlebell Workout and Pregnancy DVD

HeatherLopez May 16th, 2013 07:18 AM

cool post! I actually have kettlebells, but I'm never sure how to use them/what to do. I am going to check out some of those links tonight!

pattyandthemoos May 16th, 2013 12:46 PM

You guys are making me want to add this to my routine. Maybe I will invest in some for my next 12 weeks.