JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   Pre-pregnancy weight and exercise program? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2658109-pre-pregnancy-weight-and-exercise-program.html)

PinkHurricane June 12th, 2013 11:36 AM

Pre-pregnancy weight and exercise program?

I was curious what everyone's pre-pregnancy weight was and if you were working through an exercise regimen or program before you got pregnant. I am currently 243 lbs, my highest was 275 and I've lost 32 lbs. While I am happy with this, I figured getting even lower into the 230s or 220s would be ideal before I get pregnant. We just started TTC and I assume I can continue running and doing Insanity unless I get pregnant before I finish that program. My original goal was to be well under 250lbs to have a better chance of having a healthy pregnancy, and I have heard of women who were well overweight or obese and were able to have a healthy pregnancy.

What was your prepregnancy weight and exercise program before you had a baby?

melissalaw June 12th, 2013 12:55 PM

Re: Pre-pregnancy weight and exercise program?

I am pretty small so my pre pregnancy weight was pretty low but I did workout before both of my pregnancies and I continued to workout during and after both pregnancies. I wouldn't worry so much about what other's prepregnancy weight was I would just focus on getting healthy for that baby your going have.

Your on a roll with your weight loss and doing Insanity is definitely going to help. I would just keep doing that and continue to lose weight and eat healthy until you get pregnant. then I would definitely try to keep it up during your pregnancy but just like you said definitely take it down a bit. I don't think Insanity would work during pregnancy.

PinkHurricane June 12th, 2013 01:20 PM

Okay thank you so much for your response Melissa! I have always be a curvy girl, usually my healthy weight ranges has always been 180-200lbs so ideally I would love to be as close to 200 lbs as possible prepregnancy, but I would be just as happy being in the 220s or mid 230s prepregnancy as well!

What type of exercises did you do during your pregnancy?

LJD3Tdance June 12th, 2013 01:42 PM

My first child I was 128lbs before hand and I was in really good shape because I was dancing all the time...my most recent my starting was 174lbs, and I was not in good shape at all.

Aenyx June 12th, 2013 01:52 PM

I was 234 when I got pregnant and gained 40lbs. I didn't really work out much before or during my pregnancy.
I had a relatively easy pregnancy until the last 3rd. I didn't have preeclampsia but had issues with my BP (the OB thinks it was preexisting and the pregnancy/weight gain made it worse)
I want to do things differently next pregnancy. I'm working on getting down to a healthier weight, and I'm a lot more active so I want to stay active when I get pregnant again too.

PinkHurricane June 12th, 2013 02:07 PM

Wow thank you so much for the responses! I love getting perspectives of others on stuff like this, and Aenyx I just want to say way to go on your weight loss, you are kicking butt, that is amazing!!!

2pinks&ablue June 12th, 2013 02:39 PM

Pre-pregnancy with my first was about 145 kbs and I did not exercise much, after my second I started working out and got down to 127 when I got pregnant with my third, after having my fourth (my third was only 4 months old so I hadn't lost much), I weighed 189 lbs, now I'm down to about 152.

Jessimaaka June 12th, 2013 04:33 PM

Wow Chantelle! I had no idea you were that high when starting with Hannah! You've done amazing!!!!

My pre-pregnancy was 180...I had recently struggled for 4 months to quit smoking and gained 25lbs in the process, so my usual was in the mid 150s. I gained 50lbs on top of that, to top out at 230lbs. My son is 10 months, and I'm 165 and still losing. Gearing up to try for #2 at a much healthier weight.

Great job so far OP!!!

Aenyx June 12th, 2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkHurricane (Post 27442924)
Wow thank you so much for the responses! I love getting perspectives of others on stuff like this, and Aenyx I just want to say way to go on your weight loss, you are kicking butt, that is amazing!!!

Thanks! It's been a slow road (274 in August 2011) with some ups and downs along the way. I just started working on it again in December 2012 after seriously slacking for a while at 245 (that's what my ticker is set from).

You've done an amazing job so far too! :)

pattyandthemoos June 13th, 2013 06:44 AM

I did not really exercise before I got pregnant. I weighed 146 when I got pregnant with Shawn. I did not do any type of exercise during my pregnancy. All of my pregnancies have been high risk so I was always scared to exercise during my pregnancy. With Shawn the weight came right off after I had him. I think breastfeeding helped a lot.

melissalaw June 13th, 2013 07:08 AM

During pregnancy I do the same type of exercises that I do when I'm not pregnant I just take it down a bit. I will walk at a fast pace instead of jogging. I will still lift weights just lighten the weight amount. I still do step aerobics just not alot of jumping and I will still do kickbox again just take out alot of the jumping. I think the main thing during pregnancy is to just not let your heart rate get out of control.

babyloves2dance June 13th, 2013 08:23 AM

Before and during my first pregnancy (DD) I was teaching dance classes 4 hours a day 5 days a week. Same with my 2nd pregnancy (which ended with a miscarriage at 12 weeks). My 3rd pregnancy (DS) I was just helping out around the farm - had quit teaching dance earlier that year. Didn't really do too much more than cleaning house and helping with what I could around the farm. Had terrible sciatic pains that made it tough to do anything.