JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   C25K weekly check-in? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2666301-c25k-weekly-check.html)

Lucy S. July 17th, 2013 01:44 PM

C25K weekly check-in?

Since *Kiliki* inspired so many of us to start I thought maybe we could do a check in weekly (although you could update after each "day" you do) to inspire/motivate and ask questions?
I am not that reliable so I probably shouldn't be the only one starting the thread each week :blush:
Any interest?

Jessimaaka July 17th, 2013 05:00 PM

Re: C25K weekly check-in?

I'd be in just to be accountable to run 3 days a week :)

*Kiliki* July 17th, 2013 05:22 PM

the program is set to only run 3x a week :) that is all I am doing monday-wednesday-friday

just finished day 2 whew...I am exhausted...made it slightly further than I did day 1...yay! LOL I am pouring sweat right now though its 90* outside LOL I do not feel as winded as I did on day 1 as well....so hopefully by next week I will be able to push through 90secs of running LOL

3Kendra3 July 17th, 2013 10:34 PM

I finished Week 1 Day 2. I did it about .05 miles slower. DH came and got stuck in mud on his bike so I sat there and laughed lol big distraction. I will do Day 3 on Friday :smile:

meld10 July 18th, 2013 05:16 AM

Good idea! I like it!!! It's motivating to know that other people are achieving it and being at the same stage in the program can help us share some tips.

I have done week 1 day 1 on Tuesday, planning on doing day 2 tomorrow morning and day 3 Saturday or Sunday morning.

Jessimaaka July 18th, 2013 08:58 AM

Great job!!!! Keep up the great work ladies!!!

I wish I had people to do it with, I had a friend who was about 4 weeks behind me, but its not the same.

Lucy S. July 18th, 2013 01:48 PM

I am doing wk1 d3 tomorrow :)
I wish I could do 4 days a week... but thats what always gets me in trouble.

meld10 July 19th, 2013 06:26 AM

I am doing W1d2 when I get back from work tonight! Although with the humidity weather forecasts says it will feel like 105 outside!:eek:, at least week 1 isn't too rough.. hopefully it rains in the afternoon and cools it down a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy S. (Post 27527620)
I wish I could do 4 days a week... but thats what always gets me in trouble.

Diddo! I kept on thinking I would do W2D1 in week 1 but that is not a good plan for me. In the past, I tend to over train and burn myself out and then go on a break to recover, making my efforts at consistency mute.

Aenyx July 19th, 2013 10:54 AM

Week 1 day 3 done! Anxious to see how I do week 2.

Lucy S. July 19th, 2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meld10 (Post 27528850)

Diddo! I kept on thinking I would do W2D1 in week 1 but that is not a good plan for me. In the past, I tend to over train and burn myself out and then go on a break to recover, making my efforts at consistency mute.

I used to run... a lot and far but every time I try and pick it backup again i hurt myself. I know i *can* go and run 3 miles right now but that doesn't mean I *should* y/k? i am hoping that working on my speed with this program will help me stay on plan because I have always been a slow runner! Doing a minute at a time I can run faster so thats new LOL! I won't be able to complete the program with my ivf coming up but it's a good distraction!
Good luck to you!!

*Kiliki* July 19th, 2013 01:28 PM

think I might do my day 3 tomorrow....omg I am sweating outside just standing STILL....it is SO HOT....ugh.....

*Kiliki* July 20th, 2013 07:29 AM

week 1 day 3 DONE!!! I ALMOST made it 4k today in 30mins!!! but I think I would have been able to do it if there weren't so many hills that I had to run up today! wanted to challenge myself this morning though ohh and the last walking time I ran instead and ran the last 1.30 of the "cool down" cause I knew I would still have a few more mins of walking to get back to the house LOL

Jessimaaka July 20th, 2013 07:45 AM

What I found helped my endurance was adding on another 'run' at the end...so week 1 I ran another minute, week 2 I ran an extra 90 seconds, week 3 I ran an extra 3 minutes and so on and so forth.

Not needed to complete the program but it definitely helped me progress.

meld10 July 20th, 2013 08:06 AM

Did W1D2 this morning (yesterday there was a tornado watch so I decided to go this morning lol!).

Tomorrow I will do W1D3. I like the idea of adding an extra interval of running at the end. I might do this if I feel I am progressing too slow. Right now though I know I need to be nice to my knees and get my muscles more in shape to protect them.

Are any of you doing strength training as well? I'm adding 2 days of exercising with some free weights this week.

Lucy S. July 20th, 2013 04:01 PM

Kikki thats awesome!!!

I am really enjoying this program i must say! I am running faster than I have in a very long time. Bummed I can;t see where it leads but I think pregnancy will make up for it :D
My shins are sore but so far so good. I am really trying to follow the program as close as i can but I am a rebel :p So we will see!
I finished week 1 and not sure how week 2 will work yet as I have surgery on Friday and need to get it done before then. I haven't taken a day off from exercise in a while and probably should but I am running out of days. I might do Mon/Wen/Thursday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meld10 (Post 27531152)
Are any of you doing strength training as well? I'm adding 2 days of exercising with some free weights this week.

I do cardio 2-3x a week with weights but it's hardly strength training. I get so bored strength training. I wish I didn;t hate it so much :(

meld10 July 22nd, 2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy S. (Post 27531673)
I do cardio 2-3x a week with weights but it's hardly strength training. I get so bored strength training. I wish I didn;t hate it so much :(

I was the same, then I got the Chalene Extreme dvd's which actually made strength training fun for me. I have not done them in a few months but I think adding 2 times a week with c25k will help me strengthen up my knees to protect them.

Still need to do my w1d3 (at least I am still in my first week as I started last Tuesday :p) tonight it will get done! :)

3Kendra3 July 22nd, 2013 12:16 PM

I need to do week 1 day 3. Was out of town and in the mountains so I was afraid that would throw me off with the higher elevation. I started Week 1 though on Wednesday so I figure if I do it today it will still be within the 7 day period. I will start Week 2 Day 1 on Wednesday, then Friday and then Saturday.

I will be in the mountains again though so even if I have to do it there I will.

Aenyx July 22nd, 2013 12:58 PM

Did week 2 day 1. It was harder but not too bad. Dd wasn't cooperating so that didn't help. Plus I had already walked a mile and a half before starting becaue my mom called right as I got to the park so I walked and talked to her some.

meld10 July 22nd, 2013 03:40 PM

Way to go on starting week 2! I just finished Week 1 :D.

It's fun to see the stats on each run. After just 3 runs my timing/distance have improved.

Now if I can completely quit smoking, I am sure it will also help! I was doing well last week (only 1 cigarette on Wednesday) but then I had 3 on Friday and on Saturday more than 5. :( At least this is an extra motivation to quit and to not start smoking again!

Lucy S. July 23rd, 2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meld10 (Post 27533690)
I was the same, then I got the Chalene Extreme dvd's which actually made strength training fun for me. I have not done them in a few months but I think adding 2 times a week with c25k will help me strengthen up my knees to protect them.

Wow those have some good reviews on Amazon! I hadn;t heard of it and would get it if I wasn't doing ivf so soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by meld10 (Post 27535359)

Now if I can completely quit smoking, I am sure it will also help! I was doing well last week (only 1 cigarette on Wednesday) but then I had 3 on Friday and on Saturday more than 5. :( At least this is an extra motivation to quit and to not start smoking again!

Have you heard of the Easy Way to Quit Smoking? I did the book and didn't quit but the day I watched the online seminar that was the last day I ever smoked! And I didn;t want to kill anyone!!
Good luck to you!!!