JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   Confession time- (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2669293-confession-time.html)

Lucy S. July 31st, 2013 02:28 PM

Confession time-

So the calorie count thing- I have always done WW and lost my weight that way. When I got to maintenance I did my own thing and exercise was enough. When I wanted to lose weight (like for my wedding last year) I would rejoin WW and lose a bit and then stop again.
Well this last year has sucked. Medications and hormones, m/c and flu I put on 10-15 pounds. I exercise lightly during the 2ww so that doesn't help either and the let down of 2 years of ttc gets one super depressed and diet is not something I care about in those times.
ANYWAY, I tried going back to WW. I love my leader (still the same from 7 years ago) and thought I could do it again. I lost a little but then gained it back and never managed to get the scale to budge. I was freaking out thinking PCOS or the BCP I am on finally caught up to me!
So one night while searching IVF blogs (because this is all I do lately), I went to a recommended IVF blog who has since had her kids and is blogging about nutrisystem. I was desperate and now that I am vegetarian and no longer vegan I ordered.
So I started logging when I got the program- it logs your food but also the calories. I starting substituting my own foods right away and tracking my calories which has turned me onto tracking calories for the first time ever. I was NEVER interested... seemed too hard and daunting. But it's been fun actually. Problem is that I can't find how many calories the program wants me to eat :confused: So i was guessing and thinking I am aiming way too low- according to MFP I was about 200-400 cal too low. I have lost 9 pounds. I had some water weight from surgery last Friday but that is still far too much.

So thats where this all started. I somewhat embarrassed to be doing nutrisystem because I feel like I am cheating or something... But actually more embarrassed because I should be eating clean while waiting for IVF and prepackaged foods is not that :blush: But OTOH I feel like my BMI climbing isn't good either. And I have been supplementing more and more 'real' food so I am only eating 1 meal of nutrisystem a day so it isn't too horrible I think. I eat a salad daily (always have) and breakfast is my vegan protein powder. Also trying to eat more fruits and veggies.

I dunno why i needed to share... Felt like I was living a lie :p

jhmomofmany July 31st, 2013 03:00 PM

Re: Confession time-

Well, FWIW, consider yourself absolved. :p I dunno, it doesn't sound too bad to me.

Lucy S. July 31st, 2013 03:04 PM

:giggle: TY!

Jessimaaka July 31st, 2013 03:15 PM

You are making the effort and that's what counts!!! And one meal a day isn't bad at all. You've overcome so much!

2pinks&ablue August 1st, 2013 07:26 AM

I agree! Not so bad :)

pattyandthemoos August 1st, 2013 11:04 AM

I have a bunch of nutrisystem food at my house that's still sitting here because it tastes like crap. I am not sure how you are doing it. I do think it works, but I don't like their food. I was a vegetarian for over 10 years so I could maybe give you some ideas of other things to eat. Plus, we have a vegetarian board here on JM. I'm not sure if you visit it.

I wouldn't feel guilty about using nutrisystem. You eat a lot of real food with it so it's not all packaged and you can add stuff to the food to make it a little healthier. Do what you gotta do girl and don't worry about it!

Lucy S. August 1st, 2013 02:04 PM

Suggestions are always welcome!
I have been vegan or vegetarian for for almost 6 years but never dieted as a vegetarian. So many more options! :D LOL!

Ya some of the food is gross and smells weird :p It's ok but I promised myself I wouldn't eat anything that tasted bad and would throw it away, and I have.
I think I will have a stockpile of yucky food too! LOL!