JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   April (Aenyx) can I borrow your brain lol (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2674419-april-aenyx-can-i-borrow-your-brain-lol.html)

pattyandthemoos August 23rd, 2013 01:20 PM

April (Aenyx) can I borrow your brain lol

So after some reading I really want to try a new diet plan for a while to see if it will help me get more definition in my abs and lower my body fat. Well the plan I want to follow is very low carb and I want to pick your brain on some no carb meal ideas for breakfast and dinner. I think I can probably handle dinner because I can just cook a meat and a veggies (not corn or peas, but the ones that barely have any carbs). So anyway I was hoping you could help me with breakfast and dinner ideas.

momie2b9-20-11 August 23rd, 2013 02:02 PM

Re: April (Aenyx) can I borrow your brain lol

April has a great link that she once shared with me and that has great recipes. Including cauliflower waffles (or something like that) and many other great breakfast ideas. April - If you are reading this would you mind sharing that link again as I'd love to re-read back through some of those.

I do no carbs breakfast meals (usually) and do mostly eggs or things with eggs as eggs are on my low carb diet or a leftover meat from the night before. But, eggs do get old.

Aenyx August 23rd, 2013 02:58 PM

Oh I have tons of recipes. :) And recipe sites I can link. Let me get them all together and I'll post them in a bit.

Aenyx August 23rd, 2013 03:29 PM

A few recipe sites:

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Recipes
Caveman Keto - Weight loss through low carb cooking
I Breathe... I'm Hungry... - Deliciously Low Carb & Gluten Free Recipes
Your Lighter Side | Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Low-Carb, Atkins, Diabetic, Ketogenic Healthy Eating
Eating Keto Style! | Low-Carb Recipes for the Keto Diet
Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes | LOW-CARB, KETOGENIC RECIPES, MANY SUITABLE FOR PRIMAL AND PALEO LIFESTYLES

There are SO many recipes on these sites. Whatever you're in the mood for, there's probably a low carb version on one of these lol.

As far as breakfasts go, I don't normally eat breakfast.But eggs are your friend. When I do eat breakfast it's usually eggs fried in butter and breakfast meat like bacon. Or omelets with your choice of fillings like cheese, low carb veggies, meat, ect. crustless quiches (egg+whatever and bake)
That waffle recipe:
Savory Cheese Chive Waffles | Your Lighter Side

I haven't tried these yet but they sound good: Peanut Butter Crepes : ketorecipes

Sausage Cheese Biscuits | Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes
Some specific recipes I like and use regularly:
CHEESEBURGER PIE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes (without the onions and water)
Lazy Keto Chicken - Caveman Keto
Crockpot Pork Carnitas - Caveman Keto
Meat crust pizza, **** near perfected : ketorecipes
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken - Caveman Keto
The Bacon Thief: Chinese Takeout Style Sesame Chicken (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)
General Tso's Meatballs (Low Carb & Gluten Free) - I Breathe... I'm Hungry...

I make a lot of taco bowls (meat, cheese, sour cream, avocado, ect) and eat with cheese shells or lettuce wraps. Meatloaf (flax seed meal instead of bread crumbs. I can write out the recipe if you need, I kind of just wing it), stir frys (meat and veggies of choice, some coconut oil, soy sauce and salt and pepper)

Anything specific you were looking for? I can probably find it. :)
I'm trying to dig through my recipes but I'm kind of disorganized right now.

ThaiSpice August 23rd, 2013 04:23 PM

Thanks for sharing all of that! My sister and I eat gluten free. She usually does fairly low carb. And my nephew was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. So as I'm planning for Thanksgiving dinner this year, I'm looking for yummy gluten free low carb recipes. I'll have to check those out!

pattyandthemoos August 23rd, 2013 04:28 PM

Thank you!! That was really helpful.