JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   Drinking 1 gallon of water in a day = waking up 7 times at night to pee (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2674826-drinking-1-gallon-water-day-waking-up-7-times-night-to-pee.html)

pattyandthemoos August 26th, 2013 04:14 AM

Drinking 1 gallon of water in a day = waking up 7 times at night to pee

I started my new meal plan and I also started drinking 1 gallon of water a day yesterday. I was finally able to drink it all but I ended up sleeping horribly last night because of it. I woke up 7 times last night to use the bathroom. For the girls that have been drinking this much water, please tell me this gets better.

Aenyx August 26th, 2013 07:57 AM

It does. At least some. I've always peed a lot so when I first started drinking so much I felt like I was pregnant lol.
After a while it got more normal again.

jhmomofmany August 26th, 2013 08:33 AM

Re: Drinking 1 gallon of water in a day = waking up 7 times at night to pee

Yeah, I think it gets better. I get up to pee once overnight if I get up at all. But I have a big bladder I think..

*Kiliki* August 27th, 2013 05:05 AM

I only woke up once LOL

MidgeMadge August 27th, 2013 06:24 AM

I drink nearly a gallon, too (anywhere from 115-135 ounces) and I only wake once :) I used to wake 3-4 times until I got used to it. Never 7, though. What time do you cut yourself off? I go to bed at 10:30 and cut myself off at 7:30. If I drink past then, I will get up a LOT through the night. I need 3 hours to pee it all out before bed. You might need the same.

pattyandthemoos August 27th, 2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgeMadge (Post 27615181)
I drink nearly a gallon, too (anywhere from 115-135 ounces) and I only wake once :) I used to wake 3-4 times until I got used to it. Never 7, though. What time do you cut yourself off? I go to bed at 10:30 and cut myself off at 7:30. If I drink past then, I will get up a LOT through the night. I need 3 hours to pee it all out before bed. You might need the same.

Tonight was better. I tried to get my water in several hours before I went to bed and that helped. I only woke up once.

I have problems with frequent urination to begin with. When I was in high school I saw a urologist because of how frequently I go to the bathroom and they dilated (inserted metal rods to stretch things out) my urethra. My urethra is too small which makes it hard for me to empty my bladder and so I go more often. I probably should have the dilation procedure done again but it was one of the most painful things I ever experienced so I never went back.

Anyway, it's getting better but I'm still peeing like every 15 minutes during the day. I am hoping once I get used to it it won't be so bad.

MidgeMadge August 27th, 2013 06:55 AM

Unfortunately, that part never got better for me.. and I've been drinking a gallon every day for almost 9 months. I still pee a lot during the day, maybe every 30 minutes? If I know I need to be somewhere, I cut myself off one hour before I leave. But sometimes need to use restrooms out and about. The night pee (or lack thereof) is more important to me, though, as I hate getting up for it.

pattyandthemoos August 27th, 2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgeMadge (Post 27615279)
Unfortunately, that part never got better for me.. and I've been drinking a gallon every day for almost 9 months. I still pee a lot during the day, maybe every 30 minutes? If I know I need to be somewhere, I cut myself off one hour before I leave. But sometimes need to use restrooms out and about. The night pee (or lack thereof) is more important to me, though, as I hate getting up for it.

That's what I did yesterday when we went to the store. I stopped drinking water for about an hour. I still had the urge to go while we were shopping but not so bad I couldn't hold it till I got home. I'm not too worried about how much I go while I am at home. The bathroom is close so I just don't worry about it. It's just when I need to go somewhere or when I'm sleeping. I think if I keep cutting my water off a few hours before bed that this will be okay.