JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   Do you use your phone, watch tv, or do anything during your workout? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2681086-do-you-use-your-phone-watch-tv-do-anything-during-your-workout.html)

pattyandthemoos September 24th, 2013 07:30 AM

Do you use your phone, watch tv, or do anything during your workout?

I don't actively do anything when I workout like watch tv or reading or anything like that. I listen to music but that's about it. I've heard of people watching tv while they workout before but I don't have any equipment near my tv and I think watching tv would distract me and keep me from getting a good workout.

Aenyx September 24th, 2013 10:49 AM

When I walk I'll pay on

When I walk I'll play on my phone like post here and check Facebook and such. Running I just listen to music

plan4fate September 24th, 2013 11:27 AM

Re: Do you use your phone, watch tv, or do anything during your workout?

usually just for music... I'll text or check in on FB if I'm doing a longer walk though.

Jessimaaka September 24th, 2013 12:47 PM

Usually just listen to music. We did put the extra TV in front of the treadmill, but it's not hooked up. Maybe once I'm using more in the cold weather DH will hook it up. Mainly because I'm always forgetting to charge my ipod lol.

jhmomofmany September 24th, 2013 05:58 PM

Sometimes I listen to music, and sometimes I don't. Kinda depends. In the winter when I run on the TM I will nearly always watch netflix on the tablet. Using a treadmill without some kind of distraction is really difficult for me.

*Kiliki* September 25th, 2013 05:24 AM

I listen to music usually....when I am on the elliptical I do try to find something to watch...just because I get bored with the elliptical LOL

2pinks&ablue September 26th, 2013 06:38 AM

When I'm on the treadmill I usually try to find something to watch or I'll play on my phone/tablet, but when I do anything else I usually just listen to music.

melissalaw September 26th, 2013 08:43 AM

I will watch tv when I get on my treadmill. It seems to make the time pass quickly.

Most of my other workouts that I do are on DVD and they already have their own music.

jennyg13 September 30th, 2013 07:39 AM

I listen to music and if an intense football or hockey game is on the tv during my walk/run on the treadmill I'll watch that!

hazeleyes September 30th, 2013 09:02 AM

I usually just listen to music but my gym just got free WiFi so I might start watching Netflix instead.