JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   OT: DH wants another baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2683338-ot-dh-wants-another-baby.html)

*Rosie* October 3rd, 2013 08:16 PM

OT: DH wants another baby

I am completely on the fence about this. My last pregnancy was really rough and I don 't know that I want to go through that again.

Other factors that make me think we 're done are finances, age (I'm 38, DH I'd 47), and I already feel like my plate is completely full... Oh, and I want to get back in shape and have some time for ME!!

What would you do?

I did have a " I want a baby" moment the other night, but it passed pretty fast lol!!

jhmomofmany October 3rd, 2013 09:00 PM

Re: OT: DH wants another baby

Quote:

What would you do?
Maybe I'm not the best one to answer. :D When it comes to babies I'm all "Why not!?"

:lol:

In all seriousness, you say you are "on the fence" but you listed five or six reasons why you don't want a baby, and no reasons why you do. There's no wrong answer here, only the answer that is right FOR YOU. :)

*Rosie* October 3rd, 2013 09:16 PM

In all seriousness, you say you are "on the fence" but you listed five or six reasons why you don't want a baby, and no reasons why you do. There's no wrong answer here, only the answer that is right FOR YOU. :)[/QUOTE]

Good point! To be honest I feel like now is not the right time. I have a 2.5 year old and a 15 month old, I would really like to catch up on some sleep and have a little bit if time to get back in shape THEN maybe another baby....

*Kiliki* October 4th, 2013 05:48 AM

I think you know your answer! :) I say def take this time for you and getting yourself in shape!

*Rosie* October 4th, 2013 07:29 AM

What if it was the other way around?

What if I was the one with baby fever and DH was saying no?

How do you make a fair decision when in disagreement about something like this?

I'm not saying I don't want another baby EVER, but definitely just not now. Maybe in a year, then again maybe not..,

BriarRose October 4th, 2013 09:19 AM

A couple should not have a baby if one party does not feel the time is right. Period. I would suggest asking if you could bring up this conversation is six months, or one year, or when your younger one turns 2, etc. This may be something that blows over for him as well.

DH and I almost broke up before we married as he wanted two kids and I wanted none. I told him that my mind might change but if it didn't, would be be OK with that? Took a few months but he loved me so much he wanted to marry me either way. It took over three years before deciding I might want a kid and by that time DH enjoyed us finally having money and getting to go places that suddenly he was not sure he wanted kids anymore! But luckily for me I didn't want to try then and there, I wanted to wait (at that point) 18 months until we moved. Got moved up because now we both want a kid as soon as we can :)

kjm October 4th, 2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Rosie* (Post 27701939)
What if it was the other way around?

What if I was the one with baby fever and DH was saying no?

How do you make a fair decision when in disagreement about something like this?

I'm not saying I don't want another baby EVER, but definitely just not now. Maybe in a year, then again maybe not..,

I would tell him that exact thing. Just be honest with him and let him know your feelings. I think you shouldn't have another baby unless both parents are sure that's what they want at the moment.

2pinks&ablue October 4th, 2013 11:53 AM

I agree, it's not a decision that you can make unless you both agree. I would tell him to give you a few months and then come talk to you about it then.

I'm kind of in the opposite situation. I would have more, but DH says four is enough for us.

momie2b9-20-11 October 4th, 2013 04:16 PM

It's really hard if both of you don't agree that right now is a good time. I also say try and see if he's willing to wait about 6 more months or so and see what you both come up with then.

DH and I would both Love another child and want to start TTC but we just cannot financially afford it right now :( Knowing when to add to / stop a family is always a difficult decision and requires planning. Do what you feel is right for your family and you.

*Rosie* October 4th, 2013 05:24 PM

DH is not putting pressure on me at all and understands that I am not ready for another baby right now. I just feel bad that this is something that he wants and I have the ability to say yes or no. With saying that, there is no guarantee that we would even be able to have another child if we so desired.

Thanks for all your input. I appreciate it!