JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   In a funk today, help (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2691829-funk-today-help.html)

pattyandthemoos November 12th, 2013 08:56 AM

In a funk today, help

Dh and I didn't work out this morning. He couldn't get out of bed. He wants me to wait till he gets home and work out with him. But I'm feeling down today. I'm laying in the bed posting from my phone being depressed and lazy. I hate when I get like this. I need to do my push ups and I just don't want to. I need a little push today. Someone tell me to get up and do my dang push ups! I really need a nudge.

KMH November 12th, 2013 09:23 AM

Re: In a funk today, help

You can do it, Patty! Obstacles like funky days just mean we have to push a little harder to get the results we want. Plus you KNOW you will feel better after you do a few push-ups :hug:

Oh, and this girl challenges you to get busy ;)

http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...71a127ef0e.jpg

pattyandthemoos November 12th, 2013 09:24 AM

Ok well I did one set. Not my best but it's done. 115 to go...

Th
Quote:

Originally Posted by KMH (Post 27793085)
You can do it, Patty! Obstacles like funky days just mean we have to push a little harder to get the results we want. Plus you KNOW you will feel better after you do a few push-ups :hug:

Oh, and this girl challenges you to get busy ;)

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps5bcb0a6f.jpg

Thanks Melissa. You made me smile. (:

Rainbow Momma November 12th, 2013 09:33 AM

you can do it!!!

pattyandthemoos November 12th, 2013 11:03 AM

I think this is PMS. I'm feeling jittery and weak today. I haven't been able to do as many push ups as I normally can and I haven't been able to hold my planks as long. I was really wanting to push myself hard for my leg workout today but if I'm feeling this week and wimpy, I don't know that I'm going to. I guess I'm glad AF isn't here yet. I hate doing leg day when I'm on AF.

KMH November 12th, 2013 01:19 PM

Ha ha...my previous post came back to haunt me this afternoon. All 3 kids went down for a nap at the same time (minor miracle) and I was desperately temped to crawl under the down comforter and catch a nap myself. Then I remembered my own post about feeling better after a workout, so headed out to the garage and did a really tough workout.

Right now I feel like dying, but in another 30 minutes I'll be so glad I hit the gym instead of the pillow :)

melissalaw November 12th, 2013 02:42 PM

Hope you were able to do your push up and get a workout in. I know when I'm in a funk a good hard workout will always pull me out of it!!

jhmomofmany November 12th, 2013 02:50 PM

Patty, I'm maybe going through something similar. Been spending way too much time in bed lately. The only time I'm not sad is when I'm angry, it seems like it anyway. Even when I'm having a "good" day, the "bad" is under the surface, lurking. Makes it very hard to workout, even though I want to, and I know it will make me feel better... I come up with all sorts of excuses (they are too easy to find!) and then either don't do it or do it half-butt and that makes me feel worse. Or, I force myself up and go overboard so that I am so sore I can't do anything the next day. It's terrible and I've had nobody to talk to. Since DH is on the road, telling him I'm depressed just makes him worried and depressed.. I can't do that to him. So, I've been on my own struggling with this for over a month. It is very hard.

KMH November 12th, 2013 02:57 PM

I'm sorry you are struggling, too, Jennifer. I can relate to the "I can't tell him" feelings...my DH is military and gone a lot. When he calls I always give the "everything is awesome!" line no matter what so he doesn't worry, but sometimes that makes me feel really lonely. I hope things improve for you soon :grouphug:

Jessimaaka November 12th, 2013 07:13 PM

:hug: Glad you got through some :)

pattyandthemoos November 13th, 2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissalaw (Post 27793945)
Hope you were able to do your push up and get a workout in. I know when I'm in a funk a good hard workout will always pull me out of it!!

We didn't workout yesterday. I'm a little upset about it but we are going to try to skip our rest day on Thursday to catch up. I really don't want to mess up my countdown goals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhmomofmany (Post 27793973)
Patty, I'm maybe going through something similar. Been spending way too much time in bed lately. The only time I'm not sad is when I'm angry, it seems like it anyway. Even when I'm having a "good" day, the "bad" is under the surface, lurking. Makes it very hard to workout, even though I want to, and I know it will make me feel better... I come up with all sorts of excuses (they are too easy to find!) and then either don't do it or do it half-butt and that makes me feel worse. Or, I force myself up and go overboard so that I am so sore I can't do anything the next day. It's terrible and I've had nobody to talk to. Since DH is on the road, telling him I'm depressed just makes him worried and depressed.. I can't do that to him. So, I've been on my own struggling with this for over a month. It is very hard.

I think the season change may be part of things. I am still feeling really down today. I didn't get started on my push ups till after noon today. I don't always like to tell dh when I am down, not so much because he worries, but he always thinks that it has to do with something going on in our lives and will jump to conclusions. He knows I have bipolar and frequent mood swings but even now, as long as we've been together, he will think I'm depressed because we had a fight or something like that, and often it's just that my moods are off and I'm in a funk and it has nothing to do with anyone or anything. I really think I am having PMS because I tend to get really depressed right before AF shows. I just want to feel better and have my energy back.

I'm sorry you are feeling down too. I hope that both of us start feeling better. (((((HUGS))))

pattyandthemoos November 14th, 2013 09:05 AM

This week is going lousy for me. I've been keeping up with my challenge goals but falling apart on my workouts. I have to figure something out because this morning routine is not working for me. Every morning either dh or I decide we don't want to work out because we're cold and sleepy. I hate working out at 5 and 6 in the morning. I'm just too tired. But when I try to wait till dh gets home, either I'm too tired or he is too tired. We missed Tuesday and Wednesday's workout already and I'm afraid we might miss today's too. I'm going to try to start working out in the evenings when he gets home because I think that will work better for me than the morning routine but I am nervous that this won't work either. I like to have all day to get my workout done but with dh working and trying to work out with him, it's just so much harder. I'm going to figure something out. I'm just frustrated and I'm still feeling a little down.

meant2bemommie November 14th, 2013 10:06 AM

I am having the same kind of week. Between my wisdom tooth coming in last week and then life just happening I haven't been motivated at all.

I do hope that you find whatever you need to make yourself feel better. Having a lousy week if rough mentally.

I am having the same kind of week. Between my wisdom tooth coming in last week and then life just happening I haven't been motivated at all.

I do hope that you find whatever you need to make yourself feel better. Having a lousy week if rough mentally.