JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   Hello? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2701987-hello.html)

MommyBeth January 6th, 2014 06:37 PM

Hello?

Hi ladies! I am not new to JM, but new to this board. I am Amy 29, married to DH Chris 30(almost 31), and 1 DD MaryBeth 3. I have tried for many years to do loss weight...thinking I am smart enough and strong enough to do it myself. I am committed to making 2014 different. I want to be healthier and look better for myself. I want to lose about 80-100lbs over all. Looking/Hoping to lose 30-50 lbs my Mar 1! My cousin is getting married mid-March. This would give me time to shop in case I've shrunken out of all my clothes! I haven't started dieting/exercising yet. Planning to exercise once the winter nasties for this week pass us by. I plan to start dieting next week with hardcore dieting starting by end of Jan. Looking for some where to get support when I want to cheat!!!

*Kiliki* January 7th, 2014 05:12 AM

Re: Hello?

What do you mean by hardcore dieting? I do not like diets, as in the end they never work. Have you checked out myfitnesspal? It is a great resource, and it can help you count calories and maintain a healthy lifestyle instead of "dieting" All you need is proper balance with calories in vs calories out along with being active.

Jessimaaka January 7th, 2014 05:13 AM

Welcome :)

That is a pretty intense goal! Have you considered tracking your food? I lost a good portion of my weight by just tracking what I ate and starting to make better choices before even adding in working out. I would recommend looking at myfitnesspal.

Welcome again :)

Haha Kristy, great minds think alike :p

MommyBeth January 7th, 2014 07:45 AM

I have and now like my fitness pal. My username is MommyBeth1031. I just need to use it more often. Hardcore dieting is switching to all lean meat and switching to healthier options. Whole wheat pasta and bread, brown rice. More veggies and fruit. A rare soda when out for dinner. Portion control and no sweets. I dont really diet other than strict portion and calorie intake.

I also dont like so say diet plans...I say fads. They arent good long term and are very exclusive.

I have managed to lose and keep off 10-20lbs of pre-pregnancy weight. At my heaviest I was 280 on a 5 ft 9 in frame. Ive gained about 5lbs in the last week. Bringing me to 263.

MommyBeth January 7th, 2014 07:51 AM

Eta:: Hit wrong button on phone SII. I am so ready for DH to go back to classes and so much more ready for warm weather.

I am planning to start walking ASAP. I will be pushing DD in a stroller. As soon as Im walking 3 miles an hour I am planning to start situps/crunches and push ups. Planning to start slow, but push hard. I am finally thinking lifestyle change, not temporary.

KMH January 7th, 2014 08:57 AM

Welcome! You are so smart for thinking long-term and not doing anything crazy...I bet you will do really well!

Jessimaaka January 7th, 2014 09:11 AM

That makes more sense with that info rather than "hardcore dieting"...if you've ever read the forums on MFP, you can understand where our concern came from :)

Best of luck! Hope we can support you!

MommyofAngels1985 January 7th, 2014 09:12 AM

I cheat every day, heck yesterday I had a twix and a rice crispy treat :p. I'd say 90% of each day I eat healthy and I leave room for the junk I want (sweets, chips..) that way I don't feel deprived and throw in the towel completely. I went from 151 lbs to 106 lbs in less than 6 months exercising and eating 1200 each day. I still exercise exactly the same, no slacking, but I eat 1400-1450 calories a day now. Now and then (maybe once a week) I do go over into the 2000's and gained 2 lbs (mostly water weight) but after a day or two I'm back to 106 lbs because I go back to my usual routine....

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I do arm weights for 45 minutes (6 different exercises)

Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays I walk on the treadmill for 75 minutes (35 minutes at a 5% incline)

Drink 4 bottles of 32oz water each day (128oz)

Eat Fresh fruit daily and a salad every day for lunch

6-7 small meals each day

Rainbow Momma January 7th, 2014 11:57 AM

Welcome!! Good luck!

i:heart:you January 9th, 2014 04:14 PM

Good luck! I hope you reach your goals!

pattyandthemoos January 13th, 2014 08:43 AM

Welcome to the board! I've been slacking lately so I missed your intro. Good luck with your goals. This board is really great at keeping you motivated and feeling supported.