JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss and Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/)
-   -   Do you have a problem with eating out? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/2704582-do-you-have-problem-eating-out.html)

pattyandthemoos January 22nd, 2014 05:28 AM

Do you have a problem with eating out?

I do. I admit it. I think this is one reason my diet/meals are going to go better now. I often get lazy/tired at night and that's when we go for a pizza, or subway, or mcdonalds. (Those are the only 3 restaurants near us. LOL) I am trying to do freezer cooking on the weekend so I will have convenient stuff to eat and not have to cook so much. I'm going to do better with this next weekend. I'd really like to go 12 weeks without eating out and see where that gets me. I will probably cheat on this at some point but I definitely want to eat out less.

Ninky January 22nd, 2014 06:12 AM

Re: Do you have a problem with eating out?

Not anymore. I used to get really stressed out about it, but after I figured out that I could just work it into my calorie needs, the stress went away. Although I can't eat things like value meals at McDonald's (too many calories), I can still enjoy some of their menu items. Same with Wawa, Subway, etc. Most restaurants have meals under 500 calories which are all quite tasty and reasonable too.

I've become a McDonald's freak lately, lol. I get a chicken nugget happy meal (:p) with sweet & sour sauce and a fruit & yogurt parfait. Comes out to like 535 calories or something like that. I've become addicted to it, lol.

pattyandthemoos January 22nd, 2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninky (Post 27919222)
Not anymore. I used to get really stressed out about it, but after I figured out that I could just work it into my calorie needs, the stress went away. Although I can't eat things like value meals at McDonald's (too many calories), I can still enjoy some of their menu items. Same with Wawa, Subway, etc. Most restaurants have meals under 500 calories which are all quite tasty and reasonable too.

I've become a McDonald's freak lately, lol. I get a chicken nugget happy meal (:p) with sweet & sour sauce and a fruit & yogurt parfait. Comes out to like 535 calories or something like that. I've become addicted to it, lol.

I like the fact that McDonald's lists their calories on the drivethru menu. It really helps to make smart choices. And I like Subway for the same reason. Pizza and other restaurants I always have to just guess on the calories. I used to do the chicken nuggets when I was pregnant because I had GD and it's really hard to eat low carb meals at McDonalds.

KMH January 22nd, 2014 06:56 AM

Nope...we hardly ever go out to eat. I think the last time was in October when we had family visiting? It's just too hard with 3 kids 3 and under...I spend all my time helping them and cleaning up messes and end up shoveling down cold food on our way out the door. Not worth it ;)

Jessimaaka January 22nd, 2014 10:26 AM

We used to be SO bad for it, and I'm definitely worse when pregnant, just because of exhaustion. But when on mat leave, we need to be much more money concious and its just cheaper to cook at home. We will grab something like that like once a week right now, but we used to be 3+ times a week from a convenience perspective and that will be zero once I'm on mat leave. We do go to sit down restaurants maybe once a month as a treat :) I still try to make healthy choices but am not afraid to go all out since we do it so rarely. I also never get desert because even eating only half a portion I'm stuffed!

Rainbow Momma January 22nd, 2014 11:39 AM

Ive actually been alot better about it lately! i do love some mcdonalds or jimmy johns or Panera!

*Kiliki* January 22nd, 2014 12:04 PM

No, going out to eat for us is a treat. I would much rather cook at home! We only go out maybe once or twice a month....and usually its to Subway HAHA...which isn't totally unhealthy for you....

MommyofAngels1985 January 22nd, 2014 10:31 PM

We only go out to eat maybe once every few months and that includes fast food or a restaurant. Our next outing will be probably in a few weeks, Olive Garden :). We almost always eat at home and I cook, coarse by the time I get to eating it's cold or has been reheated a few times.