JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f157-mommy-weightloss-journals-and-logs/)
-   -   Megan's Weightloss Journal (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f157-mommy-weightloss-journals-and-logs/241592-megan-s-weightloss-journal.html)

Meg-O July 1st, 2006 05:00 PM

Well, this is the beginning. When I went into the hospital to have Collin, June 14th, 2006, I weighed 266. :blink: On the scale yesterday at WIC I was 239. I need to get on the scale at the gym to set a baseline on that scale.

My goal is to get down to 150. That's quite a big goal, so I think it'd be best for me if I set up baby steps and did it, say 10 pounds at a time. So, right now I have 89 pounds to lose.

Goal #1: 9 Pounds-230
Goal #2: 10 Pounds-220
Goal #3: 10 Pounds-210
Goal #4: 10 Pounds-200
Goal #5: 10 Pounds-190 :bluecheer: Big one to get under 200!!!
Goal #6: 10 Pounds-180
Goal #7: 10 Pounds-170

At this point I might continue at ten pound intervals, or I might take it down to five pound intervals, as I know it will get harder!

I guess I oughta set a timeline on this... well, a timeline to achieve my final goal. I think 18 months is generous. So, by January 2008 I will be down to 150.

Wish me luck!

I can and will do this!!!

Megan

Mommieof3 July 9th, 2006 06:24 AM

Hi Megan, I'm new to this board....I think that it is a GREAT idea that you start at the 10lb intervals! I never thought about setting 10lb "smaller" goals! It sounds like goals like these would be much easier to swallow and that I would be much less likely to get discouraged...Good luck to you and all the others! Take care!

Meg-O July 11th, 2006 11:24 AM

I am waiting... impatiently, I'll admit, for the doctor's release. It is amazing what having two children can do to a body. I'll admit that when DH and I first met, I was about 220... not too bad, but I didn't look anything like I do now! This belly... it just, yukky. Really does make me feel gross. Luckily, I have no shame in wearing a girdle! :lol:

I purchased the book Eat Well, Lose Weight While Breastfeeding, and I'm just waiting for it to get in... then I'll dive in. At least I can prepare before the doc appointment. The 17th... 6 more days!

I'm kinda concerned about what b/c is gonna do to affect my efforts forweightloss, though. I won't be on the pill long, cause DH is getting snipped... but I don't want an extremely steep uphill battle.

We need to invest the money in getting him a gym membership, too. I have my roomate/buddy to workout with me, but she can be a serious downer. He's said that he's willing to go with me, and he'd be encouraging... which is absolutely what I need.

I looked at the class schedule at my gym, and there is a class called 24Tease... it's based off of the strip tease workout. I am SO interested! Also, they have salsa moves... and dancer's workout. I think these would probably be great for me... fun, and not just plodding along on a treadmill. When I got in great shape in highschool, it was because I was a dancer extra in a play... 'here's your sign.'

I need to drink more water. I'm eating okay... but I find myself hungry at night... then I try to eat good stuff... fruits and such... but my snack monster attacks. Gotta get rid of that.

Megan

Quote:

Hi Megan, I'm new to this board....I think that it is a GREAT idea that you start at the 10lb intervals! I never thought about setting 10lb "smaller" goals! It sounds like goals like these would be much easier to swallow and that I would be much less likely to get discouraged...Good luck to you and all the others! Take care![/b]

I actually saw it in another mommy's siggie. She had a ticker that said '8 pounds until I reach my 3rd small goal'... or something like that. I thought that seeing 8 pounds instead of 89 would make my life a little less... stressful!

Meg-O July 14th, 2006 06:03 PM

Bah humbug.

I was weighed today.

That sucks *****. And a big fat one, too.

I'm not gonna get too down on it, though, cause I'm starting everything on MONDAY. After the doc appt.

Blah.

M

Meg-O July 16th, 2006 10:08 AM

Tomorrow... tomorrow... I'm scared for tomorrow... cause then I have no more excuses!!! :lol:

M

Mommieof3 July 16th, 2006 01:38 PM

Awww girlie that's not bad!!! Now if you gained 20lbs, lol, then worry....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! :cheer: :D Tomorrow will be a great day to get back on track!

Meg-O August 5th, 2006 08:42 AM

Well, well, well...

I have been doing really well!

I have stopped eating dairy, cause the little one seems to havea reaction to that... and I have been exercising. Almost every other day, and when I know I can't on one of the 'other' days... I make up for it...

Only about a week now... but it's good.

Also doing Namaste Yoga on occasion. Need to do more, have it recorded on the DVR.

I have decided that I need to use exercise as my therapy... not retail.

My gym membership is paid for. Retail therapy is not. Gym is good for me... retail therapy is not. Etc, etc, etc...

More later!

Megan

Mommieof3 August 7th, 2006 09:08 PM

YAY Megan!!! Congrats on your first week!!!! Keep it up girlie!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Meg-O August 9th, 2006 09:23 AM

8/8/06

Bfast- 1 pita, 1/2 avocado, 1 tbsp eggplant hummus, 2 eggs, sm glass oj, banana

Snack- 2 shourtbread & raspberry cookies

Lunch- 6 oz gouda cheese, 1/2 c cashews

Dinner- 1 pita, 1/2 chix boob, 1/2 avocado, 1 tomato, 1 tbsp tomato & basil hummus, 2 oz gouda cheese, 2 c mixed greens, 1/4 c carrots, 1 tbsp ital dressing.

Snack- 1/4 c cashews, 1 pita, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp rasp jelly, 1 oz gouda cheese.

25 minutes cardio (5 warm up, 15 cardio, 5 cool down) then some crunchy type exercises... no more baby belly!!!

Not enough water, but I'm feeling good!

Meg-O August 9th, 2006 10:42 PM

8/9/06

BIG Breakfast. Two eggs, hash browns, three pieces of sausage, oj. Oink.

Lunch... Handfull of raisins, 1/4 raw cashews.

Dinner... 2 cups of sauteed zucchini, onions, and mushrooms with olive oil. Minute rice & brown beans with salsa. 3(ish) ounces of ahi tuna.

After dinner snack... homemade guacamole and baked ruffles.

I need to start eating more frequently, & less quantity throughout the day.

Again, not enough water. Did abdominal strength training at the gym.

But I'm feeling good!

Mommieof3 August 10th, 2006 05:48 AM

:cheer: :cheer: Keep it up Megan!!! As long as you're doing the exercises, you don't have to keep your calories too low :D....Mmmmmmm homemade guacamole!!!! Get that water in girlie!!! It helps tremendously!! :cheer:

Meg-O May 11th, 2007 08:40 PM

Well, well, well...

Look where I am again...

So... How have the last nine months been? Crappy...

Lots of stress, lots of eating, lots of worrying, lots of eating... you get it.

Not so good.

Since I wrote here last, I have started working as a Realtor... I am putting in some long hours, and I am gone a lot of the day... so what happens?

I eat fast food.

I'll admit it... I like fast food. I do. I know its terrible for me, but a McD's $1 Double Coronary Burger is yummy. Its awful.

I know this... and I've been looking at myself in the mirror lately... actually looking, and I don't like it... so I decided, this morning, that I was going to start doing something about it... instead of just making excuses for myself.

So, I got a text from DH early this afternoon...

Him: What's your schedule like today?
Me: GOt an appt at 11 and ay 4... why?
Him: Just wondering. Come home if you can when you can.

So, my 11 called and rescheduled... okay, I'll run home... see what's going on.

Get home...

Me, "What's up, baby?"
Him, "I just wanted to talk."

...me... very aprehensively...

"About what?"
Him, "You need to lose weight."

*slap*

Yeah... much.

And I don't hate him for it... I don't even disklike him for it... it's the truth... but as they say... the truth hurts.

So... here I am...

And yes, I have his support. And, I have a gym membership...

I just need the motivation.

I made a goal this morning, before I even talked to him, that I would lose 20 pounds by our birthday... September 18th.

Four months... 20 pounds.

I can do this.

Megan