JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f157-mommy-weightloss-journals-and-logs/)
-   -   Marathon Momma (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f157-mommy-weightloss-journals-and-logs/2560596-marathon-momma.html)

pearlica August 12th, 2012 07:44 PM

Marathon Momma

8 weeks to go and I definitely need to kick it into high gear. I want to lose 10lbs. Pick up my pace a bit and feel better about myself. Move on after the miscarriage and focus on me and getting back to a place where I feel healthy, fit and confident. Will post some starting photos soon.

nurselochia August 13th, 2012 06:18 AM

Re: Marathon Momma

Cant wait to follow you on your journey! Plus it's nice to know someone else who is tackling the beast of 26.2 miles!

pearlica August 13th, 2012 07:41 PM

Nurselochia - Your doing one in October as well right? What day? I'm from Vancouver Island, BC. So I'm running the goodlife fitness marathon here in Victoria on October 7th. Its a pretty big one and 14,000 people run the race but it is split into an 8km, half and full marathon. I think they cap the full marathon at 6000 people.

I ran at lunch today so I got 4.5miles in. I pushed myself hard and was able to set a good pace despite the heat. I even did some stretching (I'm so bad at remember to warm up and stretch ever!). I ate well despite temptation. Our new manager brought in boxes and boxes of apple fritters and I almost drooled on the table. We had pizza for dinner (once every two weeks we have a frozen pizza and I usually try to buy the "healthier" ones). I had two small slices and a big salad.

I always say it takes 3 days for me to get back on track after a binge and today is Day 2. I feel good and am ready to be back on track. I hate that my first reaction to stress is to stuff my face but I feel good that I am able to recognize that and move on a lot quicker than I did in the past. Baby steps :)

Total cal around 1600 which is where I like to be on short run days.

nurselochia August 14th, 2012 06:02 AM

You are much more disciplined than I! Great job on the lunch run. I'm in Illinois, so I'm running the Chicago marathon. It's huge, they cap it at 45,000. I won an entry last year through the heathcare system I work for and the sheer number of people running made it an amazing (amazingly hard but worth it) experience. They stuck me in a seeded start corral with the slowest expected time of 3:50...I hoped to just finish, and I remember looking behind me and seeing a sea of people. And the number of people along the route was amazing. It's October 7 as well, and fast approaching!

pearlica August 14th, 2012 07:45 PM

Day 3 back on track - I did well today with eating. Someone brought gourmet donuts in to work and I desperately wanted one. So I picked the best looking one and cut a quarter out and ate that. It was about 2 bites and totally did the trick.

I ran 40 mins of hills at lunch (3.5 miles). I ran hard at race pace and it was a good work out. I'm at about 1520 cal for the day and feeling a bit hungry so I will probably have another little snack before bed. I felt so bloated today for some reason. It made me feel really blah bodywise. Usually once I get back on track with eating and drinking lots of water I lose the bloat, but today I felt worse tummywise than 3 days ago! I also thought after the miscarriage and so much bleeding I would show some weight loss and feel less bloated but no luck there yet.

Went and set up a weight loss ticker. I would like to be 147 by race day but that might be a bit ambitious for 8 weeks. Unfortunately I just put on 4-5lbs with stress eating over 2 weeks and I'm hoping that falls off quickly. My eventual goal weight is 140.

pearlica August 15th, 2012 08:16 PM

Ran my longest run ever today of 18 miles...and it wasnt too bad...lol. Especially since it was 27C out at the end. I planned it like race day with my breakfast and packed 3 running gels and took them every 45 minutes but still my stomach was growling by the end so I need to pack something extra.

I try to run my long runs at no slower than 11 minute miles and I aim for race pace (9.40min/mile) or faster on shorter runs. I came in at 11.1 mins/mile since I slowed down a lot near the end with the heat. But I'm still pleased. I didnt get any cramps and my body felt strong. My left leg was sore for a bit in the afternoon. Felt a bit like shin splints but I iced it and it went away.

Food wise I did well. I came in at 1700 cal plus the extra 450 cal in gels during my run. Hard to diet when you are training so I try not to cut calories too much especially on long run days.

pearlica August 17th, 2012 07:30 AM

So yesterday was not a great day. I was up late cause I had too much coffee during the day. I am the type of person who needs at least 8hrs per night. So I didnt fall asleep until past 11. Then T had a nightmare and was up at 5am. When I'm tired I crave sugar + carbs like crazy. It was the day after my long run and I think that also had me hungrier than normal. By lunch time I was starving and wanted to eat all sorts of "bad" things. I decided to buy some chocolate covered almonds from our snack basket at work (they are packaged in bags of 25 almonds) which I thought was a reasonable amount to eat until I looked up the cals this morning and saw 25=613 calories!!

Anyways sometimes when I feel bingy I just eat my food really fast without tasting it and then immediately want more. But I ate each almond slowly and felt really full afterwards so I was pleased with that. Actually after I finished I had a bit of a stomach ache. After dinner my husband was feeling so tired and declared the only way he would make it through the evening is if we got Dairy Queen Blizzards. I didnt want one or need one, but still let him go pick us up one. I didnt want to hurt his feelings by saying no. I should have just ate half or something but instead I ate the whole thing. 1 small blizzard = 550cals.

So on a rest day I ate close to 3000 calories. Oh well today is a new day.

pearlica August 18th, 2012 08:25 AM

So I went to a potluck BBQ yesterday and ate a bunch of junk food. Dinner was served late and I struggle to make healthy choices when I'm really hungry. Ate a variety of chips, brownies, and candy. Not even going to try and count calories. Both T and my husband have come down with a bad cold so its going to be hard to get out of the house today.

I took some starting photos yesterday and they were tough. I havent been this big in a while and it was hard to just really look at myself. But I really wanted a good before photo to compare my results too.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/t...ca/Jbefore.png

pearlica August 20th, 2012 06:08 AM

Had a busy weekend. Lots of visiting with friends/family and T and my husband were both sick. Had a good time but didnt get much healthy eating or exercise done.

pearlica August 20th, 2012 07:32 PM

Had a good day today. Felt pretty and was having a good body day despite eating crappy all weekend and not exercising. I ran 7km at lunch today and tried to push myself. Total cal so far today 1458 so I might have another little snack before bed. I'm going to try and get up at 4:45 to go for a run tomorrow morning...ugh

nurselochia August 21st, 2012 07:10 AM

First, I think you look fabulous, you can really see the muscle tone in your legs! But I know what you mean, when you are used to what your body typically is, it's irritating. I'm there. I have a lot more padding around my waist than I ever had. Great job on the 18 miler! I'm impressed with your pace! And jealous lol! You are going to rock this marathon!

pearlica August 21st, 2012 07:42 PM

Thanks Nurse! I'm getting a bit nervous about the race! I have family coming to watch so I'm anxious to do well, and a bit apprehensive about how I will feel going that far! What do you eat on race day. I have gel packs and I usually eat them every 45 mins on long runs but when I tried that on my 18 miler my stomach was growling by the end and I think I needed something more substantial halfway through. Any tips there?

I got slammed at work today and couldnt get out for my lunch hour run. Actually I worked through all my breaks which is bad...need to make time!

nurselochia August 22nd, 2012 06:30 AM

The day of the race, I just ate a big whole wheat bagel with natural peanut butter and that was at 5am and the race started at 7am, I also used the gel packs...could have used 1 more than what I had, but that helped me. Maybe one of those energy bar things? Ive never eaten one or really even know what's in them, but I remember seeing several people eating those during the marathon last year. That's awesome your family is coming. That really kept me going last year, knowing that I had family there cheering me on and mentally that was the best thing that kept me going.

pearlica August 22nd, 2012 06:45 PM

So my cousin who is running the race with me just posted on facebook that he is training and achieving 9 mins miles. I feel so defeated all of a sudden. I know its not a contest but he's only been training for a couple weeks and he's already blowing me out of the water. I think his longest run is 10 miles, but still that is fast!

I'm also annoyed that I havent been diligent about my eating and therefore have not lost weight. I do well Monday - Friday but that 4 day weekend really messed me up. If I want to get rid of the belly I need to buckle down!

pearlica August 23rd, 2012 07:19 PM

155.2 - this is not bad after the crappy weekend eating I will take that!

1600 calories today despite being on the road for 11 hrs of work and avoiding all the catered temptations...woohoo. I got out for about a 25 mins walk at lunch too.

pearlica August 25th, 2012 06:21 PM

I went out on Friday for a run and was trying to do some intervals and I got dizzy and nauseous after 20 mins and had to walk back to the office. I felt awful and discouraged. I then ate a bunch of chocolate covered almonds...yeah that helps! I got home and realized my dinner options were not actually options (I didnt read the instructions properly and part of it had to be made ahead of time). So we ended up going out for dinner. I was thinking oh no this is all shaping up to be a bad eating weekend. Instead I turned it around and am feeling pretty proud of myself. I didnt go crazy with food or drinks on Friday night so that was good.

Then this morning I woke up and realized I had caught the cold my family had. Easy excuse not to go out for my long run, especially since we were pressed for time before we had to meet my inlaws for lunch. Instead I went anyways and had an awesome run!! I ran 13.5miles at 10.15 minute miles and felt great. Then we went out for lunch and I had a cobb salad and have eaten healthy all day. Pleased with myself for not throwing this weekend out the window!

pearlica August 27th, 2012 06:44 AM

It's not often I come through the weekend with a loss so I'm feeling good about that. 154.6 this morning. My body tends to hover at different weights. 157 is when I feel yucky and need to do something. 153 is when I start to feel normal again. 147 is when I feel good and the one time I was at 143 I felt awesome. So my goal is to hit 153 by Friday...because I have another long weekend coming up. Uh-oh! Have 5 weeks to lose weight before my race. Theres actually about 6 weeks left but I carbo load the 4 days before my race so I cant lose anything then. I would love to be in the 140's on race day, but that means being diligent during birthday season (we have 7 birthdays in 5 weeks!).

Also all weekend I was having signs like I was going to ovulate. I didnt think this was possible because my HCG was so high after my miscarriage and I heard it can take many weeks even months to get back to normal. Anyways I took an opk last night and it was blaringly positive after being negative the few days before. It is cycle day 16 which is when I O on regular cycles. Can my body really be back to O-ing already? Anyways we dtd just to be safe :)

pearlica August 27th, 2012 07:36 PM

I ran intervals at lunch today. The ones that made me feel sick on Friday. Kicked their butt! Ran 4.5miles total Also ate healthy and now I am beat! I have to be up at 4am tomorrow to be on the road for work for two days. I have no energy to pack all the food I need or even to shower for that matter!

I my opk was back to negative today and I have EWCM and all the O signs. But I took a pregnancy test and its still positive. Not blaringly but still quite obviously positive. So I dont think I can ovulate if my HCG is still that high. Not sure what is going on with my body!

nurselochia August 28th, 2012 04:10 PM

It's cruel what the body does to you after a m/c. Hopefully it regulates itself out soon.

That's awesome that you got that long run in even when you didn't feel like it! I struggle with that a lot. Sometimes just getting out the door is tough.

pearlica August 29th, 2012 07:23 AM

153.0 down another 1.5lbs after a hard day at work yesterday. Spent the day moving lumber and walking trails. Pleased to hit 153 today! 5 weeks to go, I can totally lose 5 lbs in 5 weeks. I am getting excited to see the 140's again. When I hit 149 I am no longer considered overweight for my height...yay!

4 day weekend though and I was considering taking Friday off as well. We have 3 get togethers where I will need to be mindful about what I'm eating.

This is my 19.5 mile run on Sunday so that will be a tough one!