JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Dr. appt and NT scan yesterday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/1636196-dr-appt-and-nt-scan-yesterday.html)

lissy8 July 16th, 2009 11:06 AM

Dr. appt and NT scan yesterday

The doc appt went well except for that I have sugar in my urine which I will be tested next appt when I go in and if it is still high then I will be sent to be tested for GD. At my NT scan they couldnt do the neck measurments because the babies were moving too much and they wernt in the right position. How ever the tech said that from what she could see everything looked normal. She was also able to zoom in on one of the babies to see the goods which she wasnt going to do because she says it is way to early to see the sex, but she showed us one of the babies because HE was in a good position. Although it def. looked like a boy I dont want to go shopping for boy clothes just yet. BUt I am excited that their just might be one boy and one girl. At the end of the scan the tech asked me if I have been having any bleeding which by this point I was wondering why every tech or doc that has done an ultrasound on me the last few weeks has asked me this question. Well see said that one of the babies placenta's is completly covering the cervix. :eek: She said that the placenta can move but because it is covering so much it is not likely so I guess that means an automatic C-section for me. :(

Celry July 16th, 2009 11:13 AM

Re: Dr. appt and NT scan yesterday

That's so exciting you may know what one of the babies is. I wouldn't be buying stuff yet either, but it's still fun to know.

I was spilling sugars into my urine by 20 weeks, but my blood sugar levels were always good when they were tested. I was diagnosed with GD at 27 weeks. If you are diagnosed, let me know if you have any questions. I've been able to control it with diet and didn't have to change how I eat too much.

~*Nessy*~ July 16th, 2009 11:35 AM

We found out at our NT Scan what we were having. She said there was no doubt on the gender and she was right. But the machine they used they said was the very best there was a nd that there was only like 10 of those machines in use around the country. We just got lucky I guess.

*TornadoJenn* July 17th, 2009 02:15 PM

She also peeked for us at our NT and could only see that one baby was a boy, 70% chance, the other baby had the cord between its legs.

Anyway, hang in there. I hope the testing goes well! Keep us posted

*Mandy* July 17th, 2009 03:11 PM

Congrats!That's great that you got to get a peek so soon!

Good Luck with the sugar test!

Jessy133 July 21st, 2009 07:21 AM

Congrats on a good appt! I hope your sugars control. At my appt at 10 wks, one of my babies decided to flip around and open his legs for all to see and my OB was like OMG! I think we have a boy! I was like what?!?! Im only 10 wks how can you know! She said that the sex parts start to be seen and you can see the difference at 9 wks. She told me though that not to go buy anything blue yet but that she had a good feeling this one was gonna be a boy...she tried to poke at the other one but he/she was on its side and didnt want to move. So DH and I are excited to see if at our NT scan on Thursday if we can still see the goods!

Good Luck!