JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   When do you stop being so concerned (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/1641809-when-do-you-stop-being-so-concerned.html)

lissy8 July 21st, 2009 11:00 AM

When do you stop being so concerned

I always have this thought that there is something wrong. My last ultrasound was last Wednesday and both babies looked fine. My next ultrasound isnt until next Wednesday and already I am concerned that there is something wrong. I know it is still early but I was hoping to start being able to feel the babies this week and maybe it would put my mind at ease. Does or has anyone else felt this way?

Celry July 21st, 2009 11:04 AM

Re: When do you stop being so concerned

I used to be concerned for every ultrasound. Now I get excited for those, but still have the first few panicked seconds where I make sure I can see the heart beats. I also still get a bit anxious before my weekly NSTs. I lay in bed every morning making sure I can feel both babies before I get up. I don't know if I'm ultra paranoid or normal.

TheyGrowLikeWeeds July 21st, 2009 11:45 AM

I dont' think you ever really stop worrying, but you do need to find a way to distract yourself. Focus on other aspects of your life. Try to do something active to enjoy yourself while you are just pregnant. Once you ahve these kids, some things will have to be put on hold for a little bit, so now is a good time to get in some of those fun things before they arrive.

I didn't feel my boys until about 24 weeks. If your placenta is in front, it may take longer to feel your baby's movement. Also, it depends on their position. You might feel one and not the other for a while. Mine were positioned top/bottom for most of the pregnancy. I felt baby A almost all the time. It was a big treat to get a kick or so from Baby B for most of the pregnancy. Once Baby B started to move head down, I started to see and feel licks from both of them all day long....mostly at night. I called it Jiffy Popping cause I looked like one of those Jiffy Popcorn pans with The way they were punching and kicking my belly.

~*Nessy*~ July 22nd, 2009 03:47 AM

Know what you mean. Sometimes those appointments`eem so far away. Once I reached half way to the next appointment I went into worry mode. I did this until I delivered. Oddly, when it came time to deliver it was everyone elses worry that took me to the doctor.

*TornadoJenn* July 22nd, 2009 05:08 AM

I also never stopped worrying. I felt like there was no way I was going to bring 2 babies home from the hospital. My kids are now almost 2 and I STILL worry that something awful is going to happen to one of them. I am a worrier by nature though.

Enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can. Worrying won't help anything.

lissy8 July 22nd, 2009 09:34 AM

Thanks for all the great advice ladies. So I have another question, Did most of you have ligament pains constantly. I feel like I am going to pull something in my lower stomach area sometimes. Is this normal?

*Mandy* July 22nd, 2009 02:36 PM

I always get very anxious right before my ultrasounds,but as soon as i see them it goes away.Being pregnant with twins is so different then a singleton pregnancy.I don't think we will ever stop worrying though,even as they get older. ;)

Shawna-mom-to-4 July 22nd, 2009 04:10 PM

I am the same way I just can not see myself with 2 more kids so I just feel like something must be wrong but I still worry constantly about my other kids so I knoe it never ends LOL

*Mandy* July 22nd, 2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawna-mom-to-4 (Post 16679718)
I am the same way I just can not see myself with 2 more kids so I just feel like something must be wrong but I still worry constantly about my other kids so I knoe it never ends LOL

Yep that's exactly how i feel...I don't think it's actually hit me yet that there are gonna be two infants here in three months!:huh:

tundrababy July 22nd, 2009 08:42 PM

unfortunately ------ never!!

JessieJean July 23rd, 2009 09:43 AM

Never. I always find something else to worry about!

mayandsofiasmommy July 23rd, 2009 10:30 PM

Never ;)

It did get easier each time, but I was still nervous at every u/s I had every 2 weeks. And guess what? Now that I have the girls, I am still so nervous about their development and everything! So, it will get a little easier, but you will not be worry free again! :D