JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Nat1970 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2192577-nat1970.html)

nateandjenny December 17th, 2010 10:43 AM

Nat1970

Did your boys get their helmets? I couldn't remember if you said they got them yet or not.

nat1970 December 17th, 2010 11:00 AM

Re: Nat1970

Yes, they got them last Sat. They are up to 23 hrs a day now and doing better each day. They don't seem to be having any problems. We go back to the orthotist on Monday for our followup appt. Their heads get very hot in them so you'll have to dress them down.

Celry December 17th, 2010 12:08 PM

You need to post a pic of your cuties in their helmets. Are you going to decorate them or did they come in a pattern?

nateandjenny December 17th, 2010 12:12 PM

I def want to see a pic too!

nat1970 December 17th, 2010 03:14 PM

Sorry the pic is so bad, it was a mobile upload I had on FB and it was easier than getting them off my camera. I still need to have some stickers made. Need to get some Texans stickers.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l..._8295357_n.jpg

nateandjenny December 18th, 2010 03:58 AM

cuties! where do u get the stickers or can you use any sticker?

Celry December 18th, 2010 12:25 PM

They're super cute in the helmets.

We just used normal stickers. They stuck really well to the first helmets, but not the 2nd one we had for Eiley. It looks like these helmets are the same material as Eiley's second one. We never had to replace Arya's stickers and never put a coating over them. Some people put Modpod/modpodg (something liek that) over them. Other people paint over the stickers with a clear, non toxic, acrylic paint.

nateandjenny December 18th, 2010 05:15 PM

nice to know thanks! Do they charge extra to have the ones that already have a design?

Celry December 18th, 2010 06:13 PM

No. Or at least they didn't when we got helmets. We were shown on paper what designs they had and then we saw a few samples of what the design actually looks like after the plastic goes on it. The design tends to smear a bit and isnt' as crisp as it looks on paper. That's why we decided to just get pink.

We joked about getting one white and one black and decorating them like a storm tropper and darth vader. We thought that would be hilarious if they would only have them for a week or so. There is no way we would have done that for 5 months.

nat1970 December 20th, 2010 02:09 PM

I want to get a sticker that says, "what are you looking at?" The orthotist said he has seen some have made that say, "it's called plagiocephaly, look it up."

On another note, I have had someone ask me if my babies were retarded. Ppl are so stupid. Another woman at Costco got right up into their stroller and said, "why are they wearing those" I looked at her like she had 2 heads and said why do you need to know. She said she was a minister and had a healing ministry and wanted to pray for them.

Celry December 20th, 2010 02:36 PM

I got constant comments about the helmets. I didn't mind most of the time. There were a few times when I'd get annoyed. I had a few people tell me how a doctor said their child needed the helmet, but they opted not to because it was a waste of money. Basically they were telling me I wasted money by correcting my children's heads and I took offense. One woman in particular had her daughter with who was about 4 years old. She obviously needed a helmet and time had not changed that.

I had a lot of people assume that the girls either had seizures or that I had them wearing the helmets because they were learning to walk and I was over protective.

nateandjenny December 20th, 2010 06:45 PM

wow. people are so rude. My dhs "friend" said that when they get theirs that I need to take a pic and put the caption "Duh!?". I was very offended by that and they don't even have helmets yet.

On a nice note! The cutest little boy asked me why my girls we were twins today. It was adorable. The dad got really embarrassed. I told him it was because they were born at the same time. He said ok then pointed to my potatoes and ask what they were. His dad looked relieved.