JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Update (xposted)!!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2212188-update-xposted.html)

jamie7 January 9th, 2011 07:43 AM

Update (xposted)!!!!

So sorry I have been MIA and I have no clue how often I will be able to get on but..... THE TWINS ARE HERE! On the 3rd at 4:20am my water broke! I went to the hospital and got to experience some contractions about 3 mins apart before the c-section. Baby A Brinlee Ann was born at 8:54am at 5lbs 6oz 18 1/2 inches and Baby B Lucas Jonathan was born at 8:55am at 6lbs 8ozs 19 1/2 inches. We got home on Thursday and are very tired (prob getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night) but we are soooooo in love. They seem to be doing good BFing. It is so weird I don't leek or anything and I try to pump after to keep my supply up but I don't get much. I know they are eating b/c we have tons of poop and pee diapers but I just thought that it was weird that I don't leak! Hopefully I'll be able to get on more in the next couple of weeks, I'm sure I'll have tons of questions!

mom_of2 January 9th, 2011 09:10 AM

Re: Update (xposted)!!!!

Yea! Congratulations:) I am so happy for you and you dh!

angeleyes04 January 9th, 2011 09:42 AM

Congrats! Glad to hear everything went well! :)

cachex10 January 9th, 2011 10:02 AM

Congratulations!! I'm glad everyone is doing well!!

As for the leaking, I also thought it was really weird that I don't leak hardly at all nursing twins. With my other kids, I had to have the breast pads to keep the leaks under control. This time around I've almost never worn them at all. I don't know if it's because of how often you nurse when nursing two ... or what it is, but I thought it odd myself!

Celry January 9th, 2011 11:28 AM

Congrats! I was wondering if they'd arrived. I can't wait to see pics.

As far as leaking, I rarely leak and have barely ever worn pads. I think I've gone through a box and a half of pads in the last 16 months. I almost always fed the kdis together. If I felt like I might leak, I'd just gently press on my breast and that would stop it, most of the time. I did have a time or two, when at home, that the kids went longer than normal between feeds and I soaked through a shirt. That happened more at night than any other time.

Rae-of-Sunshine January 9th, 2011 12:33 PM

Congrats! So glad to hear mama and babies are doing well! I can't wait to see pictures :)

HopeToBeAMom January 9th, 2011 03:37 PM

That is such great news!! Congratulations! I still remember when you were posting about your BFP, time goes so quick!

nat1970 January 9th, 2011 05:20 PM

Congrats. The best advice I can give you is to get them on the same schedule and try to stick to it. It has helped me tremendously. I was able to have them both STTN at 7 weeks and they are now 6 months and still STTN and keeping them on the schedule has been a life saver. Best of luck. The first few weeks are tough and don't be afraid to ask for help and take all the help that is offered to you. Congrats of BF'ing. It is difficult to do with two.

Celry January 9th, 2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nat1970 (Post 22677576)
Congrats. The best advice I can give you is to get them on the same schedule and try to stick to it. It has helped me tremendously. I was able to have them both STTN at 7 weeks and they are now 6 months and still STTN and keeping them on the schedule has been a life saver. Best of luck. The first few weeks are tough and don't be afraid to ask for help and take all the help that is offered to you. Congrats of BF'ing. It is difficult to do with two.

:lol: Mine just started STTN at 16 months.

tundrababy January 9th, 2011 07:15 PM

Big Congrats!! Welcome to the world sweet babies!!

As for leaking, I never did. Never wore breast pads even being really full.

April Flowers January 9th, 2011 09:41 PM

Congratulations! I am so excited that everything is going well.

Just_Marie January 9th, 2011 10:52 PM

Congratulations mama!! I am so excited for you!

mary30 January 10th, 2011 09:28 AM

Congrats How exciting !

~*Jackie*~ January 10th, 2011 10:01 AM

*lurking* Congratulations, Jamie!!! Make sure you come share some pictures of those miracles on the TTC w/MA forum too!!! :wub:

1+twins January 10th, 2011 11:56 AM

Congratulations. I am soooo happy for you! Can't wait to see pictures!