JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Graco Strollers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2250611-graco-strollers.html)

tgc219 February 16th, 2011 08:52 AM

Graco Strollers

I know I've posted a few times asking about strollers so I'm sorry for posting yet another stroller post! But I've been doing some research and I think I'd like to stick with a Graco stroller because we have Graco car seats for the babies and this way I know they will be compatible. I'm looking at the Duo Glider or the Quattro Tour. Do any of you own either one of these?

Or does it not matter if I get one thats compatible with the car seats? The babies are 12 weeks old now, and they will be at least 16 weeks until the weather gets nice enough for us to be able to take them for walks anyways. The snow and cold need to go away first!

Will I be unhappy if I chose a stroller based on what type of car seats we have? I'm so torn! I don't want to spend a ton of $ and then have to get a new stroller a year later! :confused:

nateandjenny February 16th, 2011 09:42 AM

Re: Graco Strollers

I would buy a stroller based on how much you like it. You will be using it a lot longer than the car seats. A lot of the strollers will take other brand car seats.

We had a duo glider that we are selling. The main thing I didn't like about the one we had was that it didn't have 5 point harnesses. Who ever was sitting in the front would hang out the side. I don't know if the new ones are like that or not. The one we have is about 6 years old. Also, our duo does not take two car seats. I really liked the quarto too but it did not fit in our trunk. We now have the contours and love it! The love to face each other. The girls were too long to snap in their car seats between 7-8 months. They also really enjoy outings when they aren't strapped into their car seats.

Logiesmomma February 16th, 2011 09:48 AM

I have the Kolcraft Contours and I love it.
On their website it lists all the carseats that are compatible with the infant seat adaptor. Here are the graco seat that can be used.

GracoŽ Safe Seat
GracoŽ SnugRideŽ Infant
GracoŽ SnugRideŽ 32
GracoŽ SnugRideŽ 35

ashj_1218 February 16th, 2011 05:50 PM

*Lurker* I have a Graco Quattro Tour (not for twins, yet!) and I do really love it. It is big, I won't say it is not. But I find it fairly easy to steer, very sturdy, and generally great quality. I snapped Liam's SafeSeat32 into it with no problems (in the first seat). The harnesses do have 5 points, so they seem to have fixed that issue. That said, I would not absolutely base your stroller choice in your carseats, given they will be obsolete way before the stroller is. Here is what I think of the Graco Quattro Tour:

Downfalls: It is big, all around. Folded it is large, unfolded and pushing it is bulky. It takes me a little "ooomph" to get it back into the back of my truck. The fabric does not "wipe" well. Which just annoys me because Liam makes a mess of his snacks. The "hood" on the front seat is weird. It is at a weird height and I find it sort of gets in the way (and falls off a lot). We ditched the front hood.

Ups: Inexpensive. This was a huge one for me (since the older child is not ours-nanny child-and we were not sure when I would be able to get pregnant again). It is roomy, safe-feeling, and easy to use (open, snap the seats in, close). It has a huge basket underneath for storage. The handles are at a nice height no matter your height (well, unless you are under 5').

Try looking on albeebaby.com for some good deals, that is where I got mine and it cost $140. Hopefully you get some good suggestions, but I thought I would add my two-cents in. Good luck.