JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Clothes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2261869-clothes.html)

mary30 February 28th, 2011 02:17 PM

Clothes

Alright this is for the mothers of same sex twins.. Did you dress your twins the same all the time or just on special days ,events ??? If so how long did you do this ????

If you did not is there any certain reason why not ???

Just wondering :)

Celry February 28th, 2011 03:56 PM

Re: Clothes

I buy very few matching outfits. We were given a ton of matching clothes though, so I do dress them the same. I am getting more and more away from that as they wear more clothes that I buy and less that were gifts.

I go shopping and will see something that I think is perfect for A or E and the other one never wears it. They have very different personalities, so there are outfits that I think are just for one or the other based on that.

I do think it's fun to dress them the same some, so I tried to get it out of my system early. Because they look alike, people tend to lump them into one being. That's harder to do when they are dressed differently. Dressing them different also gives other people a reminder of who is who, so the kids can be called by their names and not by "twins" "the girls" or something like that.

mom_of2 February 28th, 2011 04:43 PM

Thanks for posting and answering!!! I was thinking the same thing.

Celry February 28th, 2011 07:01 PM

I should add that another reason I don't dress them alike a lot of the time is because I buy a ton of their clothes secondhand. I could make a point to go to twin sales, but I don't. I just buy what I like. I figure if we have a 3rd girl, she's going to have the biggest wardrobe instead of 2 of every outfit.

Just_Marie February 28th, 2011 07:08 PM

I've always dressed them alike, they are my 3rd and 4th, and its really sweet, the two older kids love it!
I will stop doing it when the twins ask me to stop, which I suspect will be once they hit prek next year.
I like dressing them alike also, then that forces us to really study them to know which is which, if one is in green and the other in blue, I can automatically tell them apart from across the room, and it sort of feels like cheating.

nateandjenny March 1st, 2011 06:55 AM

depends on what is available. When we are out I always dress them in either coordinating or matching outfits. I try to get the same outfits in different colors or prints. Sometime they don't have that and they get the same outfit. At home they rarely match. Here they normally stay in sleepers and those are always bought second hand. I buy a lot of their outfits at consignment sales. I can normally find matching/coordinating out fits there but it takes a lot of sorting. The girls also have colors. If a set of outfits has a purple one it's Lilly's. If it's pink its Abby's.

mary30 March 1st, 2011 07:29 AM

Thanks everyone for answering !!! I also buy alot from garage sales and probably more so now due to having two at once..... I just hate spending that kind of money when they only wear them a few months, But I am sure (since I love to shop) that i will buy some matching clothes !!!

cachex10 March 3rd, 2011 10:45 AM

I almost never dress them alike. I have a couple outfits that are matching, but that's it. If I buy them new outfits (a lot of the stuff I get is also second hand) I usually go with outfits that are complimentary and not identical.

tundrababy March 3rd, 2011 04:39 PM

I'll admit to dressing my boys matching/coordinating a lot. I find its just easier to buy 2 of the same outfit. Its not so much the matching thing that I like, its having them wear the same type of clothing, ex both wearing jeans and long sleeves, or short sleeves and athletic pants. I buy their clothing from other MoMs and then end up selling it to another, which reminds me I what I will be doing this weekend. :blink:

nat1970 March 4th, 2011 11:25 AM

DH refuses to let me dress the boys alike, so we do coordinating outfits so they at least match. If there is a blue then TJ always wears it and Ty wheres the other color.

my3sonsplus1 March 7th, 2011 03:27 PM

At first, I dressed my boys in matching outfits whenever we went out. However, I started dressing them in different outfits when they were 2 or 3. The main reason for this was that I was tired of the constant attention and questions. We still get questions from time to time, but I have found that it is now usually moms of multiples who are younger than my boys.

GirlzRock March 7th, 2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nateandjenny (Post 23207464)
depends on what is available. When we are out I always dress them in either coordinating or matching outfits. I try to get the same outfits in different colors or prints. Sometime they don't have that and they get the same outfit. At home they rarely match. Here they normally stay in sleepers and those are always bought second hand. I buy a lot of their outfits at consignment sales. I can normally find matching/coordinating out fits there but it takes a lot of sorting. The girls also have colors. If a set of outfits has a purple one it's Lilly's. If it's pink its Abby's.

:ditto:

If I have the choice, Kylee is usually in pink and Kira is purple :p I keep track of their bottles that way too.

babybatax2 March 7th, 2011 09:23 PM

The girls are dressed identical about 95% of the time...down the onesies and socks!