JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Car Seats for Twins (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2297091-car-seats-for-twins.html)

Sunshine416 April 7th, 2011 08:22 AM

Car Seats for Twins

I am looking at purchasing convertible car seats for my twins as they get too big for their Graco Snugrides. I am looking for suggestions between the Britax Roundabout 55 and the Britax Marathon Classic. I currently have a Pontiac G6 but am trading it in for a Chevy Equinox soon. My husband is 6 foot 2, so finding one that will fit them for a period of time but still be small enough to have my husband drive is a necessity.

nateandjenny April 7th, 2011 08:29 AM

Re: Car Seats for Twins

I am not looking at either of those. I was looking at the graco my ride if anyone has any opinions on those... It is on sale right now at walmart for $117

How long are you planning to rear face? We are planning on extended refacing. I have heard that the britax have the least leg room for ERF. You might pop into the car seat safety board. They are very knowledgeable.

Just_Marie April 7th, 2011 09:16 AM

for convertibles I have Marathons, Scenaras and a Radian. The Radian is my fave so far, it'll keep my kids harnessed longest and I love how narrow they are. And you can RF them.
The Car Seat Safety Board has very good advice specific to your vehicle, ERF and such-they're a great resource.

Sunshine416 April 7th, 2011 09:52 AM

I had looked at the Radian as well, and I was impressed with it, but our problem is the expense. We have to buy more than likely 4 convertible carseats unless we want to keep taking the seats in/out for daycare since my husband will be dropping them off and I will be picking them up. Second to the Radian, what would be your suggestion?

Bug-n-Ed April 7th, 2011 11:52 AM

In case you didn't know, Babies R Us has a multiples discount. It's only 10%, but that'll save you some money.

nateandjenny April 7th, 2011 12:01 PM

you would be better off waiting for two separate 20% off coupons (can't be used on britax though) or doing a car seat trade event for 25%.

Sunshine416 April 7th, 2011 12:59 PM

How do you use the 10% discount for multiples? That will help, but I still don't think I'll end up with a Radian at $300 a pop, I see the Britax Roundabout 55 and the Britax Marathon 65 are the same price...not sure why since one seems to hold more than the other? Just wondering if people have experience with them.

I know about the car seat trade but they only do that at certain times of the year and I don't know if another one of those will come around when I need this car seats.

nat1970 April 7th, 2011 03:30 PM

I wouldn't get the Roundabout because you will end up having to get another 5pt harnessed seat down the road. I have a radian and 2 blvd's and love the Blvd. The Radian is okay, but it is long RF'ing so that might be an issue with DH, We have an Explorer and the Radian and Blvd are RF'ing and the other Blvd is FF for DD. You are better off ordering online, you will get free shipping and no tax. If you order from diapers.com they do free returns so if you don't like something send it back. Also they price match. Research online for pricing because I found my Radian for $227 at a baby website and then had diapers.com price match so that I could send it back if I needed too. I also recommend the side impact wings. They are great for napping kids. The Radian has them, but my boys can't benefit from them ATM because they aren't tall enough. The blvd's do though.

nateandjenny April 7th, 2011 03:47 PM

You just ask for it BRU when you are in the store.

tundrababy April 7th, 2011 04:28 PM

I love love my Radians, I bought the ones that go up to 60lbs FF (my boys were one when they move out of the bucket seats so I don't know how they are with little infants) and paid around $175 each plus free shipping. We actually didn't have any issue with them RF'ing because we could move the bench back in our SUV but it was hard to get a good install FF, still well worth it too me.

ETA: Diapers.com has 2 Radians for $370 (excluding taxes) plus free shipping

mommabirdof4 April 7th, 2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nateandjenny (Post 23571158)
I am not looking at either of those. I was looking at the graco my ride if anyone has any opinions on those... It is on sale right now at walmart for $117

Hi! Thought I would answer this question...can't answer the OP question sorry! We love the myrides...enough that is what the twins will be going into from birth. They are already installed in the car ready to go infact. JoJo used the myride from 1 month until christmas of this year when she got a nautilus for christmas.

LittleGirl+TwinBoys April 21st, 2011 12:06 AM

I know I don't post here at all anymore, :blush: but I thought I would add that Dh and I got our boys Walmart.com: Safety 1st - All-In-One Convertible Car Seat, Salt and Pepper: Car Seats this one only in brown. I LOVE it. You can use it from newborn to booster (up to like 70 or 80 lbs. The boys love it as well cause it has room for them to bring along their cups and snacks. My boys are now 2 1/2 and have been in those seats from the time we adopted them at age 15 months.

nateandjenny April 21st, 2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleGirl+TwinBoys (Post 23697443)
I know I don't post here at all anymore, :blush: but I thought I would add that Dh and I got our boys Walmart.com: Safety 1st - All-In-One Convertible Car Seat, Salt and Pepper: Car Seats this one only in brown. I LOVE it. You can use it from newborn to booster (up to like 70 or 80 lbs. The boys love it as well cause it has room for them to bring along their cups and snacks. My boys are now 2 1/2 and have been in those seats from the time we adopted them at age 15 months.

did I miss something? Why won't you post here anymore?

I bought two graco myrides this week. It was most recommended when asked about it. I have some extra 20% coupons if you would like to use them at bru. The ones I do have do have some carseat brands on it that you can't use it for. On sunday they had an add in the paper that had a coupon for 20% off all carseats. I was told yesterday that you can use your multiples discount with your 20% coupon. they also have a think where you get a free umbrella stroller with $150 car seat purchase. I had to buy them 1 at a time because I couldn't fit bot in my car to get them home so I didn't get to get one. After the coupon it was $127 each.

Celry April 21st, 2011 04:14 AM

BRU is having a carseat sale. I don't know how their prices are to begin with, but most baby stores will match their price if you show them the BRU flyer.

mommabirdof4 April 21st, 2011 06:00 AM

Glad you got the myrides bought...I love those seats. What pattern did you get?? I have an extra girl cover....it is pink and brown if you ever want it.

nateandjenny April 21st, 2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celry (Post 23697749)
BRU is having a carseat sale. I don't know how their prices are to begin with, but most baby stores will match their price if you show them the BRU flyer.

The sale does require a coupon. They sent them in the mail and there was one in the sunday paper. Depending on the brand you are wanting you can use a regular 20% coupon on some.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabirdof2.5 (Post 23698373)
Glad you got the myrides bought...I love those seats. What pattern did you get?? I have an extra girl cover....it is pink and brown if you ever want it.

It is brown and pink dots. I got these:
Graco MyRide 65 Convertible Car Seat - Sonata - Graco - Babies "R" Us

mommabirdof4 April 21st, 2011 08:20 AM

That is the cover we had for JoJo...I have it laying around here if you every want it as a back up. I bought a new cover for the seat for one of the twins.

nateandjenny April 21st, 2011 08:53 AM

sure if you aren't going to use it! Did you get a BFing pillow? if so which one? I have a waterproof liner/cover thingy if you want it.

mommabirdof4 April 21st, 2011 10:31 AM

I got the EZ2Nurse twin pillow...big beast of a thing...lol

nateandjenny April 21st, 2011 11:32 AM

thats what this is for. its not the actually cover but the white thing you can put on top of the cover or underneath the cover to protect it.