JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Tough with Twins! (Or triplets!! Or more...) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2463177-tough-twins-triplets-more.html)

dalynnrmc December 15th, 2011 07:11 PM

Tough with Twins! (Or triplets!! Or more...)

What are some specific, daily things that you find difficult to do because there are multiples in your home?

Today, I was trying to open, refill, and then reclose a sippy cup for the baby standing in the floor (standing isn't exactly the word... more like throwing a tantrum with her arms wrapped around my knees)... all with the OTHER baby in my arms. Not as easy as it sounds. ;)

Later, I was letting the baby in my arms talk to his aunt on the phone. The baby on the floor acted like she wanted a turn, so I held the phone to her ear, and she promptly ran away with it. When I caught up to her, she turned in circles with her arm out so I couldn't reach the phone, so I'm in the middle of the living room, baby in my arms, turning circles around another baby while trying to take away the phone. Hubby laughed at me. :mad:

Austinsmama2007 December 16th, 2011 07:25 PM

Re: Tough with Twins! (Or triplets!! Or more...)

Some days when they are on opposite nap schedules. I can never get anything done or even sit down for 10 minutes to unwind for a few. Oh and my 4 yo thinks its great fun to run around the house causing chaos (while I am either bathing/changing/feeding a baby) and trying to scare whatever baby I don't have in my hands because he knows I can't get to him right that second so he won't get in trouble (he does after the fact)and also thinks I can't see or hear him.

dalynnrmc December 16th, 2011 11:14 PM

LOL!! Yep, we have some of that going on too... but mine is 8yo. :rolleyes:

I thought of one today - scratching your nose!!! :headdesk:

mommabirdof4 December 17th, 2011 05:45 AM

The one I struggle with is not really a task specficly...But when both boys are upset or teething I HATE that I cant just comfort and cuddle them like I would one baby...I have to juggle both of them...and I feel like one is always getting the short end of the stick!

Rae-of-Sunshine December 17th, 2011 05:25 PM

Ugh . ... don't remind me .. I am SO not looking forward to teething. They are big into chewing on their teethers lately, but no fussing or teeth showing through yet.

And I can't think of anything specific ... when they are happy everything is easy and when they want to be fussy or jealous of the other, then nothing is easy :P I learned the other day though that they were easily entertained by watching me wrap Christmas presents ... that was a bonus that made it go easy! (Of course Abigail did manage to grab and tear the paper on her aunt's gift, but nothing a little tape didn't fix)

dalynnrmc December 17th, 2011 10:15 PM

How adorable! :wub: I think I'll start a new thread about the funny and cute things they do like that, together and otherwise.

April Flowers December 18th, 2011 08:51 PM

Now that they have outgrown the infant seats, getting two out to the car and buckled in, then out of the car and into daycare (or wherever else we are going) is difficult. I have taken to keeping a stroller in the car but still feel ridiculous that it takes me a stroller to go from my front door to my driveway.

Also, bathtime takes two people. I refuse to bathe them on my own.

dalynnrmc December 19th, 2011 01:04 PM

Agreed, bath time takes two people. I've done it on my own a few times, all except hollering for someone to help when I get them out, but... it sucks. :giggle: Lynndi still HATES baths, with a passion, and screams the whole time. :rolleyes:

Know what I'm experiencing?

I now officially have two toddlers. Caleb has been walking for almost 6 months now, but Lynndi just started walking often during the past week or two.

The. Mess. Is. Un. Believable.

Crazy mess.

Wow.