JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Bath seats (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2496365-bath-seats.html)

Julie929a March 1st, 2012 07:36 PM

Bath seats

MY little ones are using the infant bath tubs where they lay back but they are really starting to try to roll and scoot out of them and they're making me really nervous. I can't give them a bath together anymore. I was thinking of switching to the bath ring type of seats but they aren't completely sitting up be them selfs. They do sit well with minamal support though. Has anyone tried using a bath ring? What is the best kind? Also they are really small for their age 5 months, 13 lbs and 11 lbs so I'm worried if I found one that works well for supported sitter that they may be physically too small for it.

Celry March 2nd, 2012 05:03 AM

Re: Bath seats

I didn't use a bath room. We just used the mesh bath seat that they lay back in. My girls were and still are tiny too. We bathed them one at a time until they could sit on their own. I wouldn't leave them on the mesh seat without a hand on them to bath both at once.

Rae-of-Sunshine March 2nd, 2012 02:45 PM

I actually just got the bath seats I ordered in the mail yesterday, so I haven't tried them yet to tell you how they are. I ordered the Aquababy bath seats though, which I don't think would be appropriate for yours if they are not sitting unassisted yet. Up until now we have used one of the baby tubs and I bathed them one at a time. They weren't sitting up at all though until they were probably almost 8 months old, so I still had them on the recline side of the tub. Now that they are sitting well, I have let them sit on the sitting side of the tub, which they love, because they can splash and play. That was the big reason I ordered the bath seats, because I am hoping they can both splash and play at the same time then and make bath time go quicker for me!

KMH March 3rd, 2012 06:54 AM

I used the Aquababy bath seat for Claire, and I agree that if they aren't sitting up well on their own, that seat won't work.

Gosh, I hadn't even contemplated how to bathe twins yet...I have a lot to learn ;)

dalynnrmc March 5th, 2012 11:53 AM

I had a bath ring for my older ones and never really liked it. They were slippery and that thing didn't provide enough support for when they fell, and then it was hard to untangle them from the silly thing.

I liked the mesh bathers. Hubby bathed twins usually though! The answer there is one at a time. ;) I had to laugh because at the baby shower my hubby's co-workers threw for us, one of the ladies got us TWO bath tubs. One was pink and the other was blue. I'm like, really? I need two tubs? Because I can bathe two babies at once? Um... no! LOL So we took one back to the store and got a Moby Wrap instead. :giggle:

We've switched to taking them in the shower with us. With seven people in our household, separate baths were just hard to schedule in... plus Lynndi still screamed bloody murder every time we'd put her in. :rolleyes: