JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Joining! 1st time mommy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2496913-joining-1st-time-mommy.html)

revolutionarygirl March 3rd, 2012 09:27 AM

Joining! 1st time mommy

Hey ladies,
this is my first successful pregnancy and I'm having twins. I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and have my second appointment on Tues. Last one we got to see the heartbeats (at 6 weeks) and they are separate sacks, probably fraternal twins.
due date oct 14th.

as I'm a first time mom, I don't know much about having bebes at all and less about having twins! But I guess I'm pretty excited! Just nervous and hopeful to have healthy babies.

KimberlyAnn327 March 3rd, 2012 10:24 AM

Re: Joining! 1st time mommy

Congratulations! I'm a new twin mommy so I don't have a lot of advice. My LOs will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. We also have 5 other kids so I do know plenty about mommy stuff. It's very different with twins, though. Kind of just learning as I go along.

Rae-of-Sunshine March 3rd, 2012 06:29 PM

Hi and welcome :) I remember well the shock of finding out it was twins. It will be a wild ride I am sure, but a good one. I have 9 month old b/g twins, and I can honestly say I love it! I could wish for a little more time to relax now and then, but it is fun. The ladies on here gave me lots of good advice, so I hope I will be able to help do the same for you :)

revolutionarygirl March 4th, 2012 05:39 PM

thanks ladies! :)

Celry March 4th, 2012 07:05 PM

Congrats and welcome. I was a first time mom with twins too. It'll work out great since you won't know what it's like to have one baby. I'm sure you'll do great.

revolutionarygirl March 4th, 2012 07:14 PM

thanks, that's what I'm hoping. :)

dalynnrmc March 5th, 2012 11:47 AM

Hello and welcome! :waves:

I love first time moms, singles or multiples either one. I just have a heart for mom-newbies. LOL

I'd encourage you to read, read, read! The "What to Expect" series of books as well as Dr. Sears' "Baby Book" are good general pregnancy resources, and I really enjoyed twinstuff.com as a source of info that's different for us multi-moms.

Come ask any questions or share concerns as you go! We love helping and encouraging newbies! Congrats again!

:congrats:

Just_Marie March 5th, 2012 07:07 PM

congratulations and welcome!

TexasDreams March 5th, 2012 10:41 PM

yay! welcome! get ready for the ride of a lifetime

revolutionarygirl March 6th, 2012 01:18 PM

thanks! I've been reading the "What to Expect" books for TTC and pregnancy and I also have like three apps on my iphone. haha. &_&