JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   long time lurker.... can I join? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2538090-long-time-lurker-can-i-join.html)

aect-mama June 11th, 2012 10:08 PM

long time lurker.... can I join?

Hi everyone. I hope it's okay that I post in here. I've been lurking on Justmommies for about a year but I've never even considered looking in the Moms of Multiples board....until now.

I'm Audrey. My husband Justin and I have 2 children. Mercy Jane is 4 and Nathaniel is 2 1/2. And we just found out today that we are expecting identical twins!!!! I'm really excited and really scared. I'm only about 9 weeks along right now and totally in shock! I can't believe this is happening!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully getting some support and advice from moms who've been there with twins.

MIL2lissy8 June 12th, 2012 09:28 AM

Re: long time lurker.... can I join?

good morning audrey,

you must be SO excited!! i am a grandmother of 2.5 year old twin boys. you are in for such a good time with your babies! the girls here, sometimes kinda quiet, will come to your support and help out with your questions!! God bless you.

aect-mama June 12th, 2012 03:07 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. :) Being a grandmother must be so much fun! I'm glad you're here.

Rae-of-Sunshine June 12th, 2012 03:21 PM

Hi Audrey and welcome :) I am mom to 1 yr old b/g twins. I can well understand how you are feeling. We found out at 8 weeks we were expecting twins. It is a lot of work, but a lot of fun too! You say you are expecting identical twins. I am guessing that must mean they share either a sac and/or a placenta then?

Congrats and welcome though! The ladies around here are great and will provide lots of help and advice I am sure. Take some time and let it sink in!

jenney_69 June 12th, 2012 05:52 PM

Welcome and congrats! My name is Jenn, mommy to Brady (5yrs) and Kenzie (15months) and currently 14w3d pregnant with identical twins!

Rae-of-Sunshine June 12th, 2012 07:43 PM

Welcome and congrats to you also jenn :)

aect-mama June 13th, 2012 08:30 PM

Thanks Ladies! :)

Jenn, sounds like we have some in common. 2 kids and pregnant with identical twins. :) Hope your pregnancy is going well so far.

Rae-of-Sunshine, thanks for the support. The answer to your question is yes. 2 babies + 1 placenta = 1 really freaked out mama! I don't have a good track record with placentas. Both my kids were preemies because of problems with the placenta so I have no idea how this is going to work out and I'm really scared.

KMH June 14th, 2012 07:28 AM

Welcome, ladies! I'm kind of a newbie here as well and it will be nice to get to know everyone!

michelle_m June 16th, 2012 11:18 AM

Hi and welcome! I'm a mom to 16 month old frat girls. Congrats - twins are a lot of fun (and a lot of work).