JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Expecting Twins? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2543575-expecting-twins.html)

JLNichols07 June 27th, 2012 09:27 AM

Expecting Twins?

I'm not expecting multiples that I know of! But I was wondering if you ladies could answer a question for me. Did you have any signs you were having multiples? All my nurses were questioning the fact that I got such a dark HPT 3-4 days before my missed period. Please let me know

Rae-of-Sunshine June 27th, 2012 07:02 PM

Re: Expecting Twins?

I had no clue. We found out at our 8 week appt and were shocked. I don't really have a clue if my test was darker than normal or not. I am not sure I would have known what normal was supposed to look like.

meddleman June 27th, 2012 09:12 PM

I did get an early BFP, but my hcg levels weren't sky high or anything. I found out at my dating u/s at 6 weeks.

JLNichols07 June 28th, 2012 10:28 AM

Well I'm starting to think I'm crazy because I have this feeling I'm having a twins..a feeling that I have never had with any of my previous pregnancies. Well I go tomorrow for an HCG level check and we will see what it says..the only true of of telling is through an ultrasound, I know..but that sadly won't happen until I'm 20 weeks. :(

Rae-of-Sunshine June 29th, 2012 03:54 AM

They won't do an early u/s to date the pregnancy? That is how I found out too at 8 weeks. My OB just did those as a matter of course, so I thought they were pretty typical, but maybe not.

BraidensMommy July 11th, 2012 05:13 PM

I didn't find out til my first ultrasound, then later on (maybe 2 ultrasounds later) I found out that I had been carrying triplets, but had lost the 3rd baby. I never had any clue there were that many babies inside me!

Amari July 13th, 2012 05:42 PM

They should do a dating u/s in the office. I was eating a ton and popped really quickly, but was still in shock at the u/s when I found out at 6w 2d.

Tammyms July 15th, 2012 01:00 AM

I never had any symptom that would have told me. My BFP came 9dpo but it can for singleton pregnancies as well. I had no symptoms other than being tired which is also normal so I found out at my u/s 7w5d :)

my3sonsplus1 July 15th, 2012 06:53 PM

I also got a really dark HPT a few days before my period was due. I started showing really early as well. I don't know what else would have clued me in as I didn't find out until my 16 week ultrasound.

Blcooper32 July 16th, 2012 09:31 AM

i found out at 5w because i went to the er. my m/s was so bad that i needed an iv. the m/s was the only thing that really made me think something was up because it was way worse then it was with my dd. but your office should be doing an u/s to date the pregnancy anyway but if they think your test was to dark that early they should for sure...

mamadisciple July 16th, 2012 10:39 AM

I can't explain it...
I've had two recent miscarriages. When I went at 6w6d for an u/s I was 50% sure they were going to tell me it was another miscarriage, and 50% sure they were going to tell me it was twins.
It was the second.
I can't explain except to say I had symptoms for the first time ever. I've never had nausea or dizziness, etc.
My HPT was very, very, very faint though. It had to be a junky test because my HCG levels were really high.