JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   Intro (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/2717405-intro.html)

Sparkles382 April 22nd, 2014 01:43 AM

Intro

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am a mom to beautiful 5 year old b/g twins. My husband and I recently found out we were pregnant, due in December. Due to some fear of having twins again I pushed for an early ultrasound. Our kids were conceived while we were on Clomid and the new pregnancy was all natural. We just had our ultrasound today, we thought 7 weeks but the ultrasound measures at 6 weeks, and found out we are having twins again. It appears that I ovulated from both ovaries on this one. I know it is super early in the pregnancy but I am, lack of better words, shocked and freaking a little. The first pregnancy wasn't easy: contractions started at 19 weeks, 3 trips to the hospital to stop labor and get steroid shots, bed rest at 24 weeks, developed early pre-eclampsia, platelets started to drop, delivered at 34 weeks, and spent 4 weeks in the nicu. I know it isn't a guarantee but I was hoping for a "normal" pregnancy with this one. Don't get me wrong i am excited, but a little overwhelmed with the news. My 5 years old kiddos are healthy, active, smart and a joy. i am very fortunate with all of my struggles that they are as perfect as they are. Twins do not run in our family so just surprised I am blessed with two sets. I would love to hear from moms of multiple multiples and hear that you have survived :smile:

angelinal09 April 22nd, 2014 04:00 AM

Re: Intro

Welcome and congrats!! Although I have eight children, none of them have been twins (though I am currently pregnant with b/b twins). So, nothing in the way of twin advice here, in fact, I probably have questions for you, lol. I did want to let you know that this board isn't very active from what I've seen.

Sparkles382 April 22nd, 2014 06:06 PM

Good luck to you. And thanks for letting me know about the low activity, I was hoping there were some others out there. Please feel free to let me know if you have questions, but it sounds like you might be quite experienced :smile:

KMH April 23rd, 2014 10:36 AM

Welcome and congrats! I don't have multiple multiples, either, but I think it is normal to be freaked out about another set of twins. I also had preemies after a rough pregnancy and always think about having another "normal" pregnancy...twins would totally throw me for a loop and it would take a while to get used to that idea!

This board is pretty slow, but members do tend to jump in to answer questions when posted...we just don't chat too much, probably because we're busy with our multiples :)

Celry April 27th, 2014 07:47 PM

Congrats and welcome. No multiple multiples here either. I do remember being scared about my last pregnancy. I would have loved twins again, but my body really did not like my twin pregnancy. Maybe your body will handle it better this time since it knows what to do.