JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/)
-   -   ADVICE (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f77-moms-and-expectant-moms-multiples/967839-advice.html)

nelson40 March 9th, 2008 06:43 PM

I have some random questions!! My family has multiples running everywhere!! We are TTC and I have already Od and we are waiting to test!! I know this is early.. but tonight.. i was having some nauseau.. and i didnt really think about it.. then i started cooking dinner and it got worse.. my heart beats fast right before I start to get sick.. so i went a sat down.. i drank some sprite.. and i was okay.. now it is back.. i am not sick.. i mean like illness wise.. i am healthy.. we were taking CLOMID this cycle.. and i didnt know how soon you had this problem with nauseau.. our doctor is pretty sure we conceived.. which is nice.. being monitored and such.. he told me there was a chance of muliples.. so i didnt know.. it is prolly too early.. but it just hit me today like crazy!!!

Jara March 9th, 2008 06:59 PM

How many DPO are you? Have you tested, yet?

For myself, I think I had more nauseau with my singleton then with my multiple pg, Although with my Multiple I had more Heartburn...

Sorry I'm no help! But Keep Us Posted!

nelson40 March 9th, 2008 11:32 PM

I am only a few DPO... that is why I asked on this board... I am taking CLOMID! So maybe there can be multiples... tha tis hwy i was wondering lol

Jara March 10th, 2008 07:10 AM

I don't have any experience with clomid, but I have heard that it can increase your chances of multiples, but i don't know the %'s.

mighttyjomomma March 10th, 2008 08:58 AM

I am not sure of the percentages either, but I have also heard that taking clomid will increase your chances of multiples. This is the drug that makes you release more than one egg during ovulation, right?

I wasn't on it myself, nor did I experience any morning sickness... sorry I'm not much help in that field!

CrystalMay March 10th, 2008 10:41 AM

Never been on Clomid But I didnt know I was pregnant let alone with twins until 7 1/2 weeks.... sorry wish I had more info for ya

nelson40 March 10th, 2008 01:02 PM

Thanks girls.. doctor told me I had there was a chance.. but thanks so much!!

sonnetjie March 10th, 2008 02:33 PM

There is an increased chance of having twins when on Clomid. Good luck and keep us posted.

Lcoots March 10th, 2008 02:55 PM

i got pg with my girls on CLomid, there arent any multiples in my family though. I just released 2 eggs..GL...

nelson40 March 11th, 2008 02:42 AM

Lcoots: How many Cycles did you do Clomid?? Did you have alot of morning sickness early on??

mom2my3boyz March 11th, 2008 12:26 PM

Morning sickness didn't hit for me until 8 weeks, but everyone is different! Keep us posted!

Jeb-O March 12th, 2008 11:59 AM

I was on Clomid when I got pregnant... my morning sickness started at 6 weeks. I still have it all day and I am 12 weeks today.

*TornadoJenn* March 12th, 2008 12:04 PM

I took Clomid and got pregnant with the twins on my first cycle.

With that being said, I was sicker with my first pregnancy (singleton) than I was with the twins, and it didn't hit me as soon the 2nd time around, either.

My Dr said the percentage of twins on Clomid was 5%

BensMom March 13th, 2008 04:48 PM

*lurking*

I'm a twin myself, but my mom wasn't taking anything, and she never had m/s. I got pg this time on clomid. I haven't had an u/s yet, but I doubt I'll have twins. My doc told me that starting clomid before CD 5 increases your chance of multiples up to 20% (depending on the dose and why you're taking it). Starting it after day 5 only helps mature eggs that have already been released, so your chance is 2% or less. Overall, it's around 5% for anyone taking clomid, because there are a variety of reasons it's used. I was already ovulating, but I have a LPD, so I m/c every time. The clomid didn't work, so I was started on prometrium as soon as my temp dropped on CD 22.

whatsupwiththis March 13th, 2008 08:41 PM

I was on Clomid, and Gonal F (injectible) when I got pg with twins. Good luck :)

Lizzybo March 13th, 2008 09:08 PM

Yes, with clomid you are at a higher risk for having multiples, most likely twins over anything more, but singletons are still most common with clomid. If you're only a few days past o, though, the nausea is probably hormone related, something you ate, or something else. It takes about 5 days for fertilized embryos to form blastocysts. After they form blasts, they implant, which takes a few days. Only after implantation does the hcg increase. The hcg typically doesn't build up to levels high enough to induce morning sickness until week 5 or 6 (3-4 weeks after o).

I've done fsh meds, though, and they have made me nauseated. Also, you may be using progesterone supplements or other pregnancy support, and those also give mock pregnancy symptoms.

If you want twins, I hope that's what you get. At the very least, I hope you get your bfp. Good luck!!