JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms of Girls (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f188-moms-girls/)
-   -   What is your 5/6/7 year old like? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f188-moms-girls/2655294-what-your-5-6-7-year-old-like.html)

CamCam June 2nd, 2013 09:36 AM

What is your 5/6/7 year old like?

I'm new to this :) My six year old stepdaughter is coming to stay with us for an undetermined amount of time (possibly a few weeks or the entire summer...) and I have no idea what to do with her! what do your daughters like to do/eat?

bcogoli June 2nd, 2013 12:48 PM

Re: What is your 5/6/7 year old like?

I dont have a six yo girl yet but my 3 yo is pretty easy going. My suggestion is to talk to her about her favorite things, this will make her feel more comfortable and then she will probably be more open to things you like. Some of the other ladies have girls closer to that age so they can probably help you more. Good luck.

2pinks&ablue June 2nd, 2013 02:03 PM

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with her! :)

I have a 5yo (6 in September) daughter and she loves anything girly (she loves "girl nights" where we goof off with our hair, makeup, nails, etc), she loves movie nights, helping me clean/cook/bake. She'll eat just about anything, but I'm just lucky with that.

Feel free to stick around here! :)

CamCam June 3rd, 2013 04:12 PM

Thanks ladies :)

I love the idea of doing a spa type thing with her. Maybe we'll go and get mani/pedis before the baby comes. I bought some girly bath things for her and a super soaker and sidewalk chalk and I was planning on taking her to target or something for some room things/stuff for our house.

I just don't have that much experience with kids yet!

bcogoli June 3rd, 2013 04:15 PM

Sounds like your off to a great start. Youll get the hang of it in no time. I cant wait to hear how it goes.

ThaiSpice June 4th, 2013 08:05 AM

I bet you guys will have tons of fun! Sounds like you've got some good ideas!

2pinks&ablue June 4th, 2013 08:31 AM

It definitely sounds like you've got some great plans! I'm sure you'll have a blast :)

momie2b9-20-11 June 6th, 2013 05:58 PM

Ideas will come to you and once you get to know her better you'll soon figure out her likes & dislikes and can base things on that.

I have some experience from working with school age & pre-schoool kids at daycare, substitute teaching in Kindergarten and the girl I baby sit is now 5 and I've babysat her since 10 months. Every child is different but it seems like most really enjoy types of crafts. If you google crafts to do with a pre-schooler / kindergartner you'll find lots of fun (and cheap) ideas. You have great idea of getting nails done - it seems like most girls enjoy that. And, most enjoy the water. So, if you have room for a sprinkler or pool that would be fun. Pack a picnic lunch/dinner and go to a local park is also lots of fun. I'm sure you'll do great!!!