JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms of Girls (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f188-moms-girls/)
-   -   How do you ladies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f188-moms-girls/2684921-how-do-you-ladies.html)

momie2b9-20-11 October 10th, 2013 01:14 PM

How do you ladies

Keep your house clean?

It seems I can do a great sweeping and mopping mid morning and by eve it looks like I haven't mopped in days! I keep spills cleaned up it's just everyday footprints, dirt, ect... I can vacuum and 3 hours would have never known it was done.

2pinks&ablue October 12th, 2013 11:50 AM

Re: How do you ladies

Someone told me that trying to clean with kids is like shoveling snow in a snowstorm :lol: I totally agree with them!

I work on a cleaning schedule, and it's really helped a lot, but we still have the everyday messes and things like that. With four kids, homeschooling, and owning my own business though, my house would be a disaster without some sort of schedule in place!

Dan's wife October 14th, 2013 04:42 PM

I have a cleaning schedule too. I really helps to break up chores and it doesn't feel like I'm trying to get everything done on the weekend. I even have a day off in my schedule! I take tuesdays off because we're gone from just after breakfast til after supper so I hardly even have any dishes.

2pinks&ablue October 15th, 2013 09:06 AM

Saturday is usually our day off, it's the only day that DH is guaranteed to have off so we like to do something as a family :) Mine is broke down like "Kitchen Day (I bake snacks and do prep for the week, and deep clean the kitchen), then I have a day where I do meal planning, budgets, and all that, I have a shopping day when we go to get groceries, then I have a laundry day (although I end up doing laundry on other days too), and then I divide up the tasks that need to be done often but not daily (scrubbing, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, etc) throughout the week. I have a list of "daily chores" to (load/unload dishwasher, wash dishes, sweep, tidy, etc).

If that made any sense, I'll be surprised :lol:

*Kiliki* November 20th, 2013 11:53 AM

my house is not clean? LOL okay well its not a disaster either...but i have learned to stop picking up after my kids all the time and make them do it...so I hve a messy house for a few days before they actually listen to me. HA!

#5in2005 December 12th, 2013 07:32 AM

My house stays much cleaner now that my kids are older.

My strategy is staying home all day monday, and that's when I do my laundry, wash fold and put away. If I don't get it done, then I don't get to it until like thursday. I do a load of bigger stuff about every day too (I hang it in my furnace room). I also tidy my house on monday. Then later in the week, usually friday, I vow to do my bathrooms and floors. This is much easier now that my kids are at school, you can get so much done in a few hours. The trouble with little people is that you keep on getting interrupted, so I used to be lucky to get one bathroom done in one day.

So that takes care of the big stuff, the rest is just upkeep.