JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms of Infants (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f35-moms-infants/)
-   -   First time moms (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f35-moms-infants/2567992-first-time-moms.html)

momie2b9-20-11 August 31st, 2012 10:39 AM

First time moms

What did you find the most difficult challenge once brought baby home?

EverSweetBabyBoutique September 1st, 2012 10:16 PM

Re: First time moms

Definitely sleep! I had very little sleep for the first few months because my daughter was colicky and cried nonstop every night. It was tough, but once that difficult time was over, I enjoyed every moment I had with my baby.

.:Kati:. September 2nd, 2012 07:51 AM

Honestly nothing my lo has been wonderful from the get go,my trouble's started when teething set in.

momie2b9-20-11 September 4th, 2012 09:17 AM

Sleep for me and just the big adjustment of being a mom. Kynslee had colic for the first several weeks and that was hard!

Taz38 September 13th, 2012 07:12 AM

This has been a cake walk - my dh and I just fell right into a routine and fortunately Christopher did as well. I honestly expected a much harder transition.

magz88 September 13th, 2012 03:28 PM

Breastfeeding, lack of sleep, crying baby.

momie2b9-20-11 September 17th, 2012 09:22 AM

breastfeeding was a huge one for me also!!! Sorry you're having struggles!

megs120031 September 20th, 2012 01:37 PM

going to work on no sleep. and having to leave her to go back to work llol

justagirl September 29th, 2012 03:52 PM

Dealing with a fussy baby on no sleep! She was colicky for the first few weeks, and was just generally pretty fussy for most of the first year. She's always been an incredibly light sleeper, so the slightest thing would wake her and set her to crying. Thank heaven for the Internet! I found some great tips on ways to soothe her, and the going outside method works even better now that she's a toddler and always interested in exploring.

one.juniper October 21st, 2012 05:45 AM

I agree about sleep. Adjusting to waking up every 2 hours took a big toll on me, when I was tired I couldn't keep my emotions in check

NewGurl October 28th, 2012 05:37 AM

so far its been finding the balance between getting up to check on him everytime he yawns and trying to let him work things out on his own for to long and him turning into a 5 alarm fire house.

writerchick324 December 2nd, 2012 10:19 AM

My tough parts were breastfeeding (which I didn't do in the end), sleep was tough but hardest was housekeeping! The house was a pig sty. My SO ended up getting really frustrated and we fought around 4-6 weeks. It was just hard to feed him, pump, try to sleep, eat, shower, etc. I felt liek Elliott always needed my attention. And when I had free time, I was trying to create birth announcements or I wanted to go online or chill for a little bit rather than rush and try to clean house. Mostly I tried to take naps, but he got tired of working full time, having to make dinner and clean. While I understand, he doesn't know what it's like to only get 30 min of sleep here and there while you can. :(

Now, it's much easier since Elliott is older, sleeping through the night and is fine bouncing in his chair or something, but I still don't have that much time to dedicate to specific tasks.

alybr February 10th, 2013 02:41 PM

Sleep.... Getting housework done..... Spending time with DH...

mamarama February 11th, 2013 05:29 PM

Definitely the sleep. I didn't think it was going to be that hard. My daughter had pretty bad reflux and on top of nursing every two hours...I didn't think I was going to make it past the first three months!

Mrsmrd527 February 18th, 2013 10:52 AM

The baby blues and all the crazy hormones. Crying at the drop of a hat was a little much for the fam.

Pageturner February 19th, 2013 09:21 AM

Breast feeding. I hated it and was crying all the time and not sleeping because he wanted to nurse ALL THE TIME. I switched to formula and he started sleeping through the night :-D

Trish0102 March 3rd, 2013 08:56 PM

The sleeping routine. I cannot sleep anytime I want to, but rather when the baby is asleep.

1stTimeParent May 21st, 2013 01:24 AM

Biggest adjustment for me is the lack of sleep because I'm used to getting at least 8 hours of sleep before I gave birth, right now, I'm lucky to get 4 hours straight because I breastfeed and since I had a cesarean birth, I cannot carry my child for more than a month so am thankful that my husband and mom helped me through this phase.

sandradee December 8th, 2013 10:34 AM

Going back to work when I want to be a stay at home mom. Actually, for me it's easier once I get to go home from the hospital. I don't sleep in hospitals so being awake for 48 hours this last time made me feel a bit crazy and it took a couple weeks to feel like I caught up. I had my husband home to help with our other son which was wonderful.